Guy claims he can back up his long range hunting claim

Kiowa Cowboy

I don't know how many of you guys saw this on YouTube, but I thought this was interesting as heck! I know the shooter struggled, but hat's off to the guy for taking on the challenge while the camera was rolling. I have shot out to 1,000 yds before. Then practiced out 500 yds. and 600 yds. in heavy gusty W.OK winds. It was a humbling experience.

Last edited:
I watched it. That was a pretty weak effort. I'm gonna plan to set something similar up this summer and see how it goes. I'm not gonna do 100 cause that is wack but probably 20

IMO it's a test devised to fail. The youtuber also has his inexperienced wife shoot a lightweight 300 win mag. She closed her eyes for the first shot. And it obviously hurt her. I won't be watching his videos anymore. not that I watched many to begin with.

I don't think the title should be a "Marine VS Backfire". Just because he was in the Marines doesn't mean that he is an expert shooter. For all we know he could have just worked in supply and didn't shoot much as a Marine. Not to say any less about a Marine working in Supply. They are still a FIGHTING Marine and do have to qualify at the range every year.
Kind of a dis-service to claim "MARINE" and he could shoot 100 out of 100. A real Marine Scout Sniper that shoots 10s of thousands of rounds and could probably come close to hitting a high percentage of water jugs would not BRAG or even talk about this challenge.
I watched the video and almost all his shots he never really set up properly to take the shot.
Anyway
Semper Fi!

IMO it's a test devised to fail. The youtuber also has his inexperienced wife shoot a lightweight 300 win mag. She closed her eyes for the first shot. And it obviously hurt her. I won't be watching his videos anymore. not that I watched many to begin with.
I hate his videos, they are all terrible but the click bait title got me, and I was really hoping the guy would do well, just need to send someone who can actually shoot.

@Coyote Shadow Tracker ya that title is very misleading and click bait.

I hate his videos, they are all terrible but the click bait title got me, and I was really hoping the guy would do well, just need to send someone who can actually shoot.

@Coyote Shadow Tracker ya that title is very misleading and click bait.
Yeah I agree the titles are click bait. Something about him sends red flags. I wanted to watch the Ruger American Gen II video but declined.

Shooter looks very nervous, poor trigger control, follow through and recoil management. I bet the nerves got to him. Jason
Could be but I don't think the shooter was all that knowledgeable. He brings a lightweight 300 win mag to shoot 100 rounds? And then those two have trouble ranging gallon jugs because it's on flat ground? They could of used their reticle to confirm their range because the jugs have known dimensions. And lastly we as hunters get to pick out shot due to the conditions like wind, firing positions, ammo, and physical condition. If I'm not mistaken the host provided the ammo. So then the shooter is using an unknown variable.

Fellas, My apologies it looks like another member already posted this video. For some reason my original post was delayed. I guess it was pending approval. Here is a link to the other thread.

Could be but I don't think the shooter was all that knowledgeable. He brings a lightweight 300 win mag to shoot 100 rounds? And then those two have trouble ranging gallon jugs because it's on flat ground? They could of used their reticle to confirm their range because the jugs have known dimensions. And lastly we as hunters get to pick out shot due to the conditions like wind, firing positions, ammo, and physical condition. If I'm not mistaken the host provided the ammo. So then the shooter is using an unknown variable.
I should of followed up with the test isn't a true measure of long range hunting since the shooter doesn't have control over making a decision whether to shoot or not for this test. He HAS to shoot. When we are hunting we can choose not to shoot due to the conditions. And I'd never hunt with an unknown variable such as ammo. So this "challenge" isn't proof on long range hunting. It's click bait.