Gunwerks 7 LRM???

Hi Len,
After a lengthy conversation with Aaron, here at the Elk foundation show (RENO) I think for starters since I am probably not going to be hunting anything Elk size this year I'll center my load developement on the berger 168s with the goal of somewhere near 3200 FPS if possible.
Thanks for the encouragement, Aaron and Mike @ G7 are very helpful....however expensive as friends as I can't imagine building this rifle without one of their new scopes atop. Well and that would demand a new more effective range finder :)
Does anyone have any accurate data on bullet pinching? I am real curious if it has any effect on bullet use for game, as well as BC improvement.

Thanks Len

Terry Scott-sir it has been a year and a half...what did you end up with...how happy are you with it...how much overbore is it? ? ? Lots of us would love a follow-up.

i have been considering the same cartridge,,,
wondering about sizing brass from 375 to 7mm...

inside neck reaming? outside turning is a given,
dies , redding bushing dies maybe,,,,,

i was wanting a 180 berger in the 3100 range, not wanting an STW , have had many of them as well as built many for other people,,,,

With 375 h@h to 7 stw I use a 300 win die as an intermediate step. Using a 300 die of the same body diameter as long as you can place the shoulder in the right place would be enough to save the cost of case forming dies. Watch your neck thickness as it may get a bit thick for a custom chamber. I've never had enough of an issue to turn necks with the 7stw though.

Hi All,
The 7 LRM is a success albeit it took some tuning.
At first I had no difficulty getting the 3100 fps from the berger bullet, I just could not for the life of me get it to shoot consistently.
Took a deer with it last season, missed a bear @ 721 yds.
Talked to Mike ar Gunwerks, he took it back to the shop and installed a muuzle break, additionally they have their new brass from Hornady, so he cleaned up the chamber to work better with the new brass.
Bottom line... Gun shoots in the .3s with their factory load, 180 Berger @3090 fps. With not even a hint of pressure.
Got another deer hunt in October....I have a lot of faith in this rifle, and it will be strong mule deer medicine, out to very long distances.
all the Best
Terry

Terry how long is the pipe on your gun around 26 or is it longer. Also what is your max COAL with the 180 bergers.

Last year I sent a Stiller TAC 300 action and a Broughton 5C, 8tw, 5.75 fluted barrel to GunWerks and had them chamber it to their 7LRM. I cannot tell you enough how satisfied I am with their work. They were quick and did a great job on the Ceracote and Brake too. I am pushing the 180VLD's at 3145 through a 271/2" tube with 72.8grs of H1000 and a 215m primer. So far after 3 loadings the primers are still as snug as the first time. The rifle shoots 1/2" groups at my 200yrd. zero, 2" @ 600 and I have shot a 1 3/4", 3 shot group at 858yds. I have killed quite a few rocks out to 1100yds as well. This year it's hunting deer, bear and ELK!
Everyone I spoke with there was awesome from start to finish. When my 7mm Rem. Mag quits shooting I hope to have them build me a 6.5-284.

Last edited:
I was looking at your load data for the 7LRM. Are you sure 72.5 got you over 3,100 FPS. A 7 Rem Mag is around max with 72 G of H1000 and it will not top 3,000 FPS with a 168 Berger.

I have a 7MM Dakota Imp. I just built and it will shoot 3,150 with H1000 and 180 Bergers. But it takes 78.5 grains to get there.

Yep! 4 different ballistic programs, my actual drops and two different chronographs. I trust my actual drops after hundreds of shots fired and my scopes ability to be extremely repeatable on clicks per inch more than what any programs or chrony display. My 7mm Rem. Mag with a 26" tube gets 3020fps. with 72.0grs. of H1000 pushing a 168VLD too.
The charge is 72.8 for the 7LRM.