Gunwerks 7 LRM???

coyotezapper

I was on Gunwerks website this morning and noticed that in their LR-REM model rifle that they offer it in 7LRM. Anyone know what a 7 LRM is? A 7mm-338 Lapua maybe??

Its a 375 ruger necked down to 7mm. They told me that they are getting ultramag velocities with slightly less powder if I remember right.

Interesting that Gunworks coins the name. The 7mm-375 Ruger popped up quickly after the 375 Ruger was introduced. I don't believe that this cartridge can duplicate 7 RUM performance. The case is almost identical to the 7mm Dakota. Case capacity is also very similar to the 7 STW. You don't hear anyone saying their 7 STW duplicates 7 RUM performance.

IMO the 7mm-375 Ruger IS a cartridge that should be built and offered by Ruger/Hornady. It fits a standard long action and 375 Ruger brass is far less costly than Dakota brass. It would be a welcome addition to the huge list of 7mm offerings.

Spoke to Erin to day (G7) he is looking at the 7LRM to push 180 Begers@3100
without too much effort. sounds very viable, and I am concidering having him make me one.
Anyone had any experience with this cartridge?

I saw that the other day and was kinda wondering what it was. They need to use bigger and better chambering as they offer products that have longer range potential so it's only a matter of time and they will have to step it up even harder to keep market share, not to mention having to do something different than the competition, looks like good old business in action!

i have been considering the same cartridge,,,
wondering about sizing brass from 375 to 7mm...

inside neck reaming? outside turning is a given,
dies , redding bushing dies maybe,,,,,

i was wanting a 180 berger in the 3100 range, not wanting an STW , have had many of them as well as built many for other people,,,,

G7 will size and fireform the brass for you so I was just going to pay for the pain and time and let them make me up 200 cases and call it good.
I think it is fairly extensive, but then I'd be done with it for pretty much the life of the gun.
Does the Berger 180 work well @3100fps? I thought so, but I thought I'd ask.
I'm going to make this rifle primarily for big game hunting at long range, not my everyday target rifle.

Performance wise the two look pretty similiar, how much more if any recoil, than say a 7mm Mag?
As for the berger bullets, I was going to specifically throat the barrel for the 168dr or the 180gr Begers.
Habe you shot the 165s? if so is there any advantage to using them on deer sizes game?

Recoil is only a small increase over the 7mm Mag with 168 (23.6 versus 27.4 with the LRM). We see the 180's at 3085 to 3100 fps at 75 rounds. The neck is longer, and with a 180 seated to fit a std mag box, the boat tail just barely enters the case. Advantage over the Dakota is std Mag bolt face. We do not push this very hard because of the workload involved in brass mfg, but it makes a nice package. I personally am not a big fan of wildcats, but we are working for properly mfg'd brass with headstamp.

Ok took the plunge. Bought a7MmLrm from GSeven

We will see but it looks promising
Basically pushing the 168 or the 180 Berger faster with less pressure than the 7 mag
Stay tuned I'm going to find out.
The whole thesis with gunwerks is to put the whole picture together
Very forward thinking.