GO824 Lathe FLUSH SYSTEMS

CST, I am in Georgia, a few hours south of you. I've been using a flush system for 15 years. You're more than welcome to visit my shop and see how I have it set up. It doesn't have to be overcomplicated. Matter of fact, KISS applies here.
Thanks for the offer and may visit some time.
I have worked on several lathes with Flushing systems. Just looking to upgrade our lathe. Trying to see several systems and build of the best parts from each one. Will need on to connect up to 1.45" barrels.
Len

Will need on to connect up to 1.45" barrels
I use Greg Tannel's BTS attachment and never had a problem- but I'm not pushing lubricant at 80 psi, either.
It'll go to 1.3, but if you've got a straight contour that size you'll probably want to tap the muzzle end. Use an NPT tap, then screw in an appropriate fitting connected to the flush hose. Can't come loose, and it'll handle high pressure with no chance of it "popping off" the muzzle end.

80psi would get mighty sloppy! I never go above 18-20psi and that pushes cuttings well, gives a good flow and that's all I want, not hi pressure. I'm using a small hydraulic pump that'll move about a gallon a minute @ 1800rpm. On .224 bores I still have to throttle the by-pass valve (a ball valve that goes back to the tank) to control flow. 1/4hp motor connected to the pump with a LoveJoy coupler. Mounted on a 1/4" thick piece of steel plate, using 3"x 3" x 1/4" angle iron fabed for a pump mount, bolted to the mounting plate so I have some alignment pump to motor. There is a "T" and valves to direct oil for threading. Bought the pump and Lovejoy coupler of e-bay, spent less than $75 for those, already had the motor. My Gre-Tan plastic cup that goes over the barrel and has the screws to afix it to the barrel cracked after a couple of yrs, so I made a replacement out of aluminum I had in the shop. The Gre-Tan is simple, uses a swivel connection made for air lines. I bought replacement tip off e-bay, rubber blow gun tips. Modified the chip pan, so I have a "drawer" to clean chips out. A paint filter and magnets do a good job of catching the 'fines'. A simple set-up that did not cost much and only took a couple of hrs to put together. My tank is a piece of 12" pipe by 16" tall that I welded a bottom in and and a 3/4" pipe nipple for a suction line. Fabed a lid for it to help keep it clean inside. Simple as it gets, IMO. But it works!

I'm running at 125psi, because I want the system to, well, FLUSH chips. I use a specific reaming cutting fluid and the specially formulated thinner to reach the viscosity that works well for my application. My fluid runs into the chip pan and through the drain into the machine's coolant reservoir. I then use the coolant pump that came in the machine to pump the cutting fluid back into my 25 gallon holding tank.

I'm running at 125psi, because I want the system to, well, FLUSH chips. I use a specific reaming cutting fluid and the specially formulated thinner to reach the viscosity that works well for my application. My fluid runs into the chip pan and through the drain into the machine's coolant reservoir. I then use the coolant pump that came in the machine to pump the cutting fluid back into my 25 gallon holding tank.
Thanks
I need to check out all options out. We like using Vipers Venom which is thick.
Someone hit Jill's vehicle this afternoon so dealing with that with insurance.
Looking for all options!
Thanks
Len

My 15-20psi of dark threading oil & Tap Magic does a wonderful job of chip evacuation. "Velocity verses Viscosity". I don't use a pilot, so I'm getting plenty of flow. Using a pilot , even if the stem it rides on or the pilot itself is grooved for flow, makes a restriction that raises pressure. My system works very well for me. Use yours the way it works best for you.