Go ahead poke away ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm real glad Len put his foot down . I'm a member of the 6.5 Creedmoor forum. We don't have all this squabbling over there. And most everyone is well behaved enough that I've never had to put anyone on ignore.
This forum has been a real friendly and informative and worth my time to spend here. Recently , past year or so I've noticed more rude posts on here . So I've avoided this forum quite a bit. Fortunately Len banned a couple of them.

I'm real glad Len put his foot down . I'm a member of the 6.5 Creedmoor forum. We don't have all this squabbling over there. And most everyone is well behaved enough that I've never had to put anyone on ignore.
This forum has been a real friendly and informative and worth my time to spend here. Recently , past year or so I've noticed more rude posts on here . So I've avoided this forum quite a bit. Fortunately Len banned a couple of them.

Well said! As I said earlier, if my name was at the top of the page, I would ban them too!

Many gun forums are ruined by folks who only come to argue. And it doesn't much matter whether they know their stuff or not. It is the personal attacks on other members that destroy a useful forum. So Thanks, Len for cleaning up the stuff that drives people away. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained here. But it is no place for practicing one-up-manship over other posters. If you feel you need to do that, you should be banned.

Many gun forums are ruined by folks who only come to argue. And it doesn't much matter whether they know their stuff or not. It is the personal attacks on other members that destroy a useful forum. So Thanks, Len for cleaning up the stuff that drives people away. There is a lot of knowledge to be gained here. But it is no place for practicing one-up-manship over other posters. If you feel you need to do that, you should be banned.

Well said! I have noticed more recently that a few folks only want to 'stir' up stuff and really have no intention in participating in constructive conversations. I have read that "this is the Internet" or "have thick skin", which to me does not make sense. I would think members on this forum would be respectful to each other regardless if they are typing, texting or face to face communicating. I applaud Len for what he is doing in cleaning up this forum before it gets way out of hand. I hope others feel the same.

Jon

Thanks so much for your input.

Your comment on the damage done to a community by personal attacks and a love of arguing are right on.

In some cases, the arguers or personal attackers are also good contributors of helpful knowledge. But the arguing (for the sake of arguing) and attacking still is unacceptable.

We'll be working very hard to weed out the arguers (for the sake of arguing) and personal attackers.

To all: Note the presence of a REPORT button.

But to some of you, don't look at the REPORT button as a game to play.

report.jpg

Jon

Thanks so much for your input.

Your comment on the damage done to a community by personal attacks and a love of arguing are right on.

In some cases, the arguers or personal attackers are also good contributors of helpful knowledge. But the arguing (for the sake of arguing) and attacking still is unacceptable.

We'll be working very hard to weed out the arguers (for the sake of arguing) and personal attackers.

View attachment 139758
Glad you take time to keep your site respectful and good humor...

View attachment 139758

Len,

Not saying this has happened to me. I get along with everyone (I think). But do you get a warning if someone reports you? Is there a rebuttal or you evaluate it based on the entire thread as opposed to one post that could be out of context?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts