9.5 of Blue Dot
CCI 300 primer in Starline Case
838D351F-A119-4BBC-B075-602218BE3D06.jpeg

Attachments

• 995D57F9-0247-4729-8574-4C394293E8A8.jpeg
    995D57F9-0247-4729-8574-4C394293E8A8.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Ok. That's a good clarification, appreciate the added context.

I was partially raised in a village where I still have a residence and have spent a fair whack of time around big bears. I'm glad to see the g 20 worked as I carry one when I'm around populated areas where a 375 over the shoulder would draw to much attention. But also glad nobody is thumping them for the sake of doing with a g 20.

This exact same thing was posted on Africahunting not too long ago, and when I pointed out this.

"This is old, here's the full story.

And this
"And according to that article the bullet pictured in the Original Post here is not correct.

"Jimmy's Glock was loaded with 200 grain HSM bear loads. The first shot took the bear in the chest. It penetrated the right lung, through the chest cavity, and broke the spine. As the bear dropped, the second round caught it in the head."

So what is with the round pictured in the original post here?"

You were never heard from.

So the question is, is this just a person using someone else's story to try and sell their ammo, or what is going on here?

If it's legitimate, great, it's just odd that some of this is "off" and this is being posted several years after the event.

Last edited:
Almost makes me wonder if that's an account that was hacked, because that's not a new join date, and on Africahunting it's a 2014 join date, which isn't new either.

Could also be a misunderstanding...

Nice. I bought a Glock 20 this year for packin in the back country. I ordered a Kenai Chest rig for it and and few boxes of 220 grain Underwood hardcast rounds for it. I replaced the Glock factory sights with Ameriglow Hackathorn sights that have a big orange front sight for my old eyes.
No Grizz where I hunt , but we have black bear and a robust Cougar population.
I do travel into Grizz country out of state and will be taking it with me.

Nice holster
I use the Diamond D chest holster for about 5 years now…….very convenient way to carry the G20.
Good choice probably the best factory ammo you can carry in the woods in the G20 Underwood 220gr ( actually 214gr by weight)
Did you change your spring poundage and barrel in your G20 ?

Last edited:
Nice holster
I use the Diamond D chest holster for about 5 years now…….very convenient way to carry the G20.
Good choice probably the best factory ammo you can carry in the woods in the G20 Underwood 220gr ( actually 214gr by weight)
Did you change your spring poundage and barrel in your G20 ?
I haven't changed the spring as of yet. I have the Diamond D holster on order for my Ruger Alaskan .454, which I also sometimes carry.

Recent Posts