Glass bedding action

Why? I've been using JB Weld for 20 years. I've done hundreds of stocks. I still have a couple that I did about 15 years ago no shrinkage and they shoot great still.
Why not lol? As far as I know Marine Tex shrinks less than JB Weld and is tougher. Besides I've always wanted to go with either Marine Tex or Devcon.

I used to use Devcon and swapped quite a while ago to ProBed 2000. Cost has kept me from using Devcon again more than anything.
However, the ProBed works great, and I don't see any reason to go back.

For some reason it's cheaper to buy on eBay than direct from Charlie.
I also like that the ProBed comes in different sizes and two colors.
That's good to know…I ended up buying the caulk gun looking thing so I guess I'm married to ProBed.

Did my first stock yesterday. It's "runnier" than Devcon but cleaned up easy enough. Looking forward to see how it looks when I pop it out and how it cleans up. The extra on my cardboard looked good this morning and has a more glossy look than Devcon.

I really was happy with the Devcon and would've never changed had they not gotten so proud of it.

Ya'll may laugh.....I've used every product mentioned and they all worked very well. The most recent bedding job I did was about a year ago, for a buddy of mine and he wanted "fast and cheap". I told him no problem as I have (had) some bedding compound in the shop. When I went to the cabinet....I found out I was Wrong. BUT, I had a fresh can of Bondo. 🤔

Here's the kicker...he had purchased a wood target stock for a bull barrel and his Remmie 700 .308 has a medium/heavy tapered barrel. I figured he wants it "fast and cheap".....this should work. Of course I free floated the barrel. When done, I cerakoted the stock midnight black. Today, it's still holding no problem and with some custom loads, that rifle clover leafs at 100 yards, sub MOA at 400 yards and hits steel at 1000. He says it's the most boring rifle he owns....lol. You might call it good ole redneck engineering or I just got lucky. 🤠

I have used so many I forget which one but 10-12 years ago I bedded one and it shrunk!It was completely free floated and 3 days later I had barrel contact and I am almost sure it was J B Weld.Will never use it again for bedding!
I still have 2 containers of Devcon.One is unopened and one has been used to bed 2 rifles.Never ever had shrinkage!
I have also used Probed 2000 and it is a product I would use again,I like it a lot.I also used Marine Tex with good results but prefer Devcon or Probed.
Just my opinion.

I like the product an outstanding gunsmith (Charley Robertson) developed:
Pro-Bed 2000 Stock Bedding Epoxy
$18.75 for a kit to do one rifle (as of 05 Feb 2024)

I've also used Brownells "ACRAGLAS GEL KIT" and it worked fine, too.

Both are easy to mix & use.
I can't believe it but Acraclass is still being made and used.
The old stuff didn't last but the new stuff must be way better as I have friends that asked me to get some of it to do their rifles.
One of out LGS has a gunsmithing department and during summers they used to run specials on glass bedding and this is what they like to use I am told.

I personally like using Probed. Works well. Just make sure you put some sort of release agent on the action/barrel. Also take the time to fill and smooth openings in the actions with clay.

I bed rifles all the time. Only one I haven't tried is the Probed 2000. I'll only use Devcon, but the price increase does hurt a little. I cannot compromise for my customers though. Plus I bed a lot of KO2M type rifles and the Devcon holds up over time and heavy recoil.