Glass bedding action

I've used Pro Bed 2000 for last five bed jobs and it worked great for me. Others use various epoxy formulas and marine-tex and other stuff too. I don't mind paying a little extra for a gun specific formula that has good balance of characteristics like viscosity and working time.

Marine Tex
Pro-Bed 2000
Devcon 10110
JB Weld

This seem to be the most popular in no particular order. The last dozen or so I did were Devcon. I really like it but it's gotten ridiculously expensive and the mixing ratio of 9:1 is a PIA. Which I'd exactly the reason I went with Pro-Bed on my order last week, it's 50/50. I'm looking forward to trying it, my mentor recommended it and had nothing but good things to say.

MarineTex for me, but I have tried just about all of them and there are advantages and disadvantages to them all.

Your technique will ultimately dictate which works best for you.

I also use MarineTex and it has worked nicely. One of the benefits of MarineTex is that you can get the 2oz kits on Amazon which I have found to be plenty for bedding my actions. Another huge benefit for me and the 2oz kit is that there is no guessing or measuring of the activator because it is designed to be all used at once.

I do plan on trying Devcon at some point because that is what many of the custom gun makers use.

Best product to use?

I'm surprised that there aren't 4 full pages of responses to your question! Usually opinion questions result in dozens of answers.

Bedding compounds attract users when they suit those users thinking and handling processes. It's how we work and are able to handle the products.

As pointed out, the mixing ratio can present problems for some. Others want a certain viscosity or maybe the length of working times and some feel that they need added powdered metals to the mix.

Like so many others, I've used nearly every variation on the market including 'boat glass' when sealing barrel channels and recoil pads on high end wood stocks with lots of figure.

At one point in my career, I was ordering a pallet of 1-gallon kits from a Marine-Tex supplier. I still prefer Marine-Tex but I use it on a much smaller scale! ;)

Enjoy!

:)

I used Brownells arcu Glass gel on two of my rifles. I love how they both turned out. Setup time is forgiving so you can take your time.

I've used marine tex, devcon and agraglass gel. I was happy with the end product all three. I quit using devcon just because of how expensive it got and went to marine tex. Last gun I did last weekend was with the acraglass which my dad always swore by. Like others have said as long as you get it prepped right and set in right while it cures they all work good.

I'm a beginner when it comes to glass bedding so I started with JB Weld. It's cheap so I've bedded a couple of stocks with it. I'll move on to Marine Tex next.

I'm a beginner when it comes to glass bedding so I started with JB Weld. It's cheap so I've bedded a couple of stocks with it. I'll move on to Marine Tex next.
Why? I've been using JB Weld for 20 years. I've done hundreds of stocks. I still have a couple that I did about 15 years ago no shrinkage and they shoot great still.

Marine Tex
Pro-Bed 2000
Devcon 10110
JB Weld

This seem to be the most popular in no particular order. The last dozen or so I did were Devcon. I really like it but it's gotten ridiculously expensive and the mixing ratio of 9:1 is a PIA. Which I'd exactly the reason I went with Pro-Bed on my order last week, it's 50/50. I'm looking forward to trying it, my mentor recommended it and had nothing but good things to say.
I used to use Devcon and swapped quite a while ago to ProBed 2000. Cost has kept me from using Devcon again more than anything.
However, the ProBed works great, and I don't see any reason to go back.

For some reason it's cheaper to buy on eBay than direct from Charlie.
I also like that the ProBed comes in different sizes and two colors.