Getting ready to setup to reload and need some advice

I moved to a L.E. Wilson case trimmer. Micrometer adjustment. It gives repeatable results where my RCBS did not. Watch the Panhandle Precision videos for reloading information. I found him easy to understand. I moved to the bushing dies and shoulder bump based on these videos.

I second the RCBS customer service. It is lifetime.

I suggest you get the best powder dispenser/scale you can afford. RCBS Chargemaster Lite is not that expensive. Not top of the line.

If the question is just about dies IMHO it has to do with expectations. If you are expecting to take it to 800-1000 yards go full length bushing dies and micrometer seater for minimum runout. If hunting and plinking 100-300 Lee does what the others do for less cost. One big factor in what OP shared is starting with one caliber. Don't need the super premium for most handguns or non precision rifle applications. But when you are set up to reload a large quantity of calibers then using the budget option when appropriate matters.

You can load good ammo with just about any brand. I shoot sub moa to 1k with Lee dies. Accuracy starts to open up after 1k. By the time I get to 1760, it is about 1.5moa or a bit more.

In my opinion, attention to detail means more than the dies used. If your sloppy in your reloading, the best dies will not help.

Yea, sorry, I just don't like seeing people telling a new reloader he needs stuff a new reloader doesn't need yet. Just keep it simple. I've been handloading for almost 60 years. Been There, done that. Most stuff is for selling, not reloading. IF the rifle is inherently accurate, it will shoot most handloads with a bullet seated to mag length very well. With powder $50 a pound, bullets .45 cents each, the days of 200 round ladder test are over. If you're doing it, your rifle sucks and you need to start over. NOW, with this being said, IF, you're going to try and compete with Eric Cortina, then come back when you're ready. HUNTERS don't NEED to get so anal with their handloading. This is only my opinion. Please do what you feel is best for you.

I started handloading about 4 years ago. I only shoot target (not competitively) out to 500 yrs, and hunt far less. I bought RCBS for all my hunting calibers. I do have Lee ultimate dies for most of my handgun calibers along with a couple of RCBS there as well.
I have felt from the beginning that once I get to a point where I have learned enough to know I need a more precise set of dies, then I'll up the ante.

I started handloading about 4 years ago. I only shoot target (not competitively) out to 500 yrs, and hunt far less. I bought RCBS for all my hunting calibers. I do have Lee ultimate dies for most of my handgun calibers along with a couple of RCBS there as well.
I have felt from the beginning that once I get to a point where I have learned enough to know I need a more precise set of dies, then I'll up the ante.
YES !!!! You are on your way with the proper tools. I salute you.

Does it matter which brand of dies a person uses? Going to start reloading for a 270 WSM.

Does it matter which brand of dies a person uses? Going to start reloading for a 270 WSM.
I don't know what kinda money we're talking about but I would purchase a reloading kit first. It's going to have basically everything you need to get started except for powder bullets brass.etc. Lee is a good budget kit if you want. I have one, no problems no issues. Then a RCB little bit more expensive but a great kit. Get your dies for what you're loading. Hornady RCB and Lee have pretty good dies get full length dies. Try to get as many reloading manuals as you can get. What ever brand bullets you are using get a manual for them. They all work. Just different brands sometimes different loads and before you begin to reload. Please please please read everything you can about what you're doing on reloading. Then you can get your powders bullets etc. good luck 👍🏻 take your time and enjoy what you're doing. 270 is a great caliber.

RCBS for your general work, Redding bushing or L.E. Wilson for precision (bench rest, particularly.). Remember RCBS has the best warranty out there. They'll replace stuff for the flimsiest reasons. i told them i LOST a transformer for my Chargemaster and they replaced it. That was totally my fault, but they replaced it anyway. In 3 days! Can't beat that. Their dies are easy to set up and straightforward.
i have a lot of RCBS dies. and used them for years. At the time I started using bushing die they weren't making any. So I set up with Redding busching dies. I generally load one type of bullet in that rifle. So my seating die never changes once I have determine what I want. Now I have gone so far in having a rifle built, I buy the reamer.So I get a blank for seating dire and have it reamed out to fit my case.

I have been reloading for about 10 years and the first bullet was the 270WSM. I got Lee dies, they work fine. I have found that the brass doesn't last very long as I would get split necks. I have recently invested in an annealer to help with that. I have some Lee dies but mostly RCBS.