Gave Ricky A Headache

Oh I got sent one from my nephew and said I had to post it. He may be just an IT now, and he is still a dang proud wild native horse. LOL Just so you can see what my nephew is like riding him one day.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5492.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5492.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 85
  • thumbnail_IMG_1283.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1283.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 78
  • thumbnail_IMG_1285.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1285.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 86
I bought my boys a 25 cal marauder. It is awesome!!! I have seen a coyote kill on YouTube at about 89 yards and a headshot doe at 50 out east somewhere. The heavier pellets really pack a wallop.
There are 8 shots below the tape measure shot by my 8 or 9 year old. This was at 100 yards. Group was about 1.25" up and down and 2" left and right.
2E1AC372-8698-4214-B050-22D2296ADD4A.jpeg

Nope.....never tried it. Going to try horse this summer. Same guy and I were mentioning we should try Ricky. I know they eat them in other areas of the country. One odd meat at a time...Lol.
I have had horse in Europe several times. Over there it is a highly respected and finely prepared, delicious meat entre. I have read several accounts of western Indians preferring mule meat over wild game. The US used to ship wild horses to Canada for slaughter, but that was stopped years ago. Canada also imported tons of kangaroo meat. So I have to ask, "What's in your poutine?"

I have had horse in Europe several times. Over there it is a highly respected and finely prepared, delicious meat entre. I have read several accounts of western Indians preferring mule meat over wild game. The US used to ship wild horses to Canada for slaughter, but that was stopped years ago. Canada also imported tons of kangaroo meat. So I have to ask, "What's in your poutine?"
Zebra is one of the finest meats you'll ever eat in the whole of Africa.

When I was in high school, Albuquerque Public Schools was buying horse meat for the cafeteria. When the butcher they were buying from got busted there was quite a scandal. The meat was as good as cafeteria food ever is.

I'm not sure why somone wouldn't eat racoon. Especially if they're eating corn. My buddy has coon dogs, and he shot a 50 lb. racoon once.

I met a man who was a German POW. He said rat meat wasn't bad. Depends on how hungry you are.

I read a story about a kid who killed a bird with his pellet gun. His dad said "if you shoot it, you eat it". If my dad had said that, I've have eaten a lot of lizards and grasshoppers.

If you're going to eat prairie dogs, do it in the winter when the plague carrying fleas are frozen.
Use the gutless method, so you don't touch the liver. If it has grubs under the skin, leave it. They eat grass and roots, so they should be pretty tasty.

When I was in high school, Albuquerque Public Schools was buying horse meat for the cafeteria. When the butcher they were buying from got busted there was quite a scandal. The meat was as good as cafeteria food ever is.

I'm not sure why somone wouldn't eat racoon. Especially if they're eating corn. My buddy has coon dogs, and he shot a 50 lb. racoon once.

I met a man who was a German POW. He said rat meat wasn't bad. Depends on how hungry you are.

I read a story about a kid who killed a bird with his pellet gun. His dad said "if you shoot it, you eat it". If my dad had said that, I've have eaten a lot of lizards and grasshoppers.

If you're going to eat prairie dogs, do it in the winter when the plague carrying fleas are frozen.
Use the gutless method, so you don't touch the liver. If it has grubs under the skin, leave it. They eat grass and roots, so they should be pretty tasty.
That must have been quite a while back. My great Uncle was the President of the NM State School board for about 50 years.

A shame ABQ has turned into such of an open sewer of crime.

Our mayors decided we didn't need so many police. The Feds came in and decided our police were too hard on criminals, so we're paying millions to make sure the police are nice to criminals. Police have to justify every takedown of a criminal. Ninety years of Democrat appointed judges decided our prisons were too full. We voted to eliminate bail and just let criminals out to commit more crimes while they wait for trial. We used to have bumper stickers that read "Don't Californicate NM". It happened anyway.

Many people won't eat javelina either. I use George Herter's recipe and it comes out tasting like corned beef. I think you could make any meat taste good with that recipe.

I believe NM is #49 or #50 in education.

I have ate coon. We used to dog night hunt in Pennsylvania. Hunt the corn fields, Dogs run up on coon, Coon will just climb a tree. Not hot from long runs. They were so fat you had to skin them twice. Skin the hide off then, Skin the fat off. Eating in the cornfields some would have 1/2" of fat.

I have ate coon. We used to dog night hunt in Pennsylvania. Hunt the corn fields, Dogs run up on coon, Coon will just climb a tree. Not hot from long runs. They were so fat you had to skin them twice. Skin the hide off then, Skin the fat off. Eating in the cornfields some would have 1/2" of fat.
I can attest to that I'm from PA and all my coon were fat