Gave Ricky A Headache

Reelamin

Couple nights ago had to run out to the shop to get some things for another member here. Short story to enjoy. My bird dog took off like a shot to the trees behind the house going nuts. I knew it wasn't a squirrel at that hour, so got a flashlight and what do you know Ricky was just hanging out. Ricky just looked at me and Lincoln all casual laying in a limb crook. Lincoln was going a good job keeping Ricky in the tree, so I went back in and got the Benjamin Marauder 22. I set up on the porch rail and Ricky was about 20-30 yards away and I did not need to hold crazy or adjust as its sighted in for 60yards. Put Rickys two green eyes on top of the horizontal on each side of the verticle and stoned him. Jeez talk about a cluster, Lincoln tracked him bouncing down and had him before I think he even hit the ground. I'm hollering and running through knee deep snow because I thought Ricky was still kicking. Well he was kicking he just didnt know it, and the last thing I wanted was a vet bill. You probably know what a Ricky will do to a dog if they are alive. Dumb on my part I just had HUA over chatting with Ricky. Kicked the dog (No way in hello was I sticking my hand in that mess) and blocked him from getting Ricky again. Yep Ricky was just doing the happy dance was all. One less pest....love me some Marauder and thanks to Muddyboots for pointing out I gave Ricky a Headache.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5293.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5293.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 208
  • thumbnail_IMG_5420.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5420.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 165
👍🏼Like (your story)
👍🏼Like (your writing style)
👍🏼Like (you putting bandits behind bars)

A .22 Marauder sighted in at 60 yards? — What are you usually shooting at? — Any power mods? 😊

Matthias

Nope.....never tried it. Going to try horse this summer. Same guy and I were mentioning we should try Ricky. I know they eat them in other areas of the country. One odd meat at a time...Lol.
I wouldn't mind trying that myself, trying to work myself up to try prairie dog.

👍🏼Like (your story)
👍🏼Like (your writing style)
👍🏼Like (you putting bandits behind bars)

A .22 Marauder sighted in at 60 yards? — What are you usually shooting at? — Any power mods? 😊

Matthias
Hey Bud. Yes, I have dope out to 125yds. Farthest big kill was a crow at 75yds, one chest shot stoned it. Farthest small bird kill 92 yards. I limit my rabbits and Raccoon size to under 60yds as I brain shoot them and don't want a wounded animal. I miss more past 75 than I hit them on small birds. Small is a starling, ring neck dove, and a few others dove size and smaller. I can see it go by them, and usually within a couple inches. Just insane the environment affects. I have a UTG 4-16 on it, and it holds and tracks perfectly.

I use it mainly for shooting pest birds, rabbits, squirrels, raccoons, feral cats, and a few other live things. I also use it for my long range practice and shoot a lot of Know Your Limits at 50-75 yards. I wasted so much money on springers....should have gotten a PCP probably 15 years ago.

Mine is totally stock just like it arrived. It shoots basic Crosman Dommed 14.3 .5" @ 50yds all day and better if I have my stuff together. I tested probably a dozen different pellets. Data is out in shop and it shoots 14.3 in the mid 800's with a awesome 1000PSI range. I think it stays in that range for almost 30 shots. I tried Mic. and weigh pellets and not enough change to waste the time on it for me.

I wasted so much money on springers.... should have gotten a PCP probably 15 years ago.

I got into shooting a lot later in life.
Still made the detour over the springers, but just a couple cheapo's.

Then I saw the light:
The insecurities of the artillery hold just aren't for me — but long range shooting IS — and quiet shooting — and short & light guns — that are powerful — so all those requirements simply require PCP's..... 😄

72 and 92 yard kills — well done. You obviously are a good shooter. Congrats! 👍🏼

Matthias

20 years ago, I inherited by dad's Benjamin. My office was out in a building in the back yard. The neighbors pine tree branch hung over my office and a VERY annoying male grackle took great pleasure in setting up and squawking every morning while I was trying to work. All I had for ammo was some BB's and they weren't doing the trick. I mentioned this to a friend and he told me to get some .22 pellets (who woulda thought??), Anyway, the morning arrived and I was ready. I pumped up the Benjamin and waited. Sure enough, the damned grackle started up. I eased out the door and put the sights on his chest. The pellet hit home and he took the last fall. He bounced once and my then 6 month old English Pointed grabbed him. I was rolling in the grass laughing. I finally got that SOB...

Recent Posts