Garmin xero

I like the bright colors as I lose things that don't catch my eye easily.I once left a pistol in a case that was black but quickly went back and it was right where I left it.

Last edited:
I own both. I'm afraid the Garmin is not a panacea. If you are solo, no other shooters, it's great. If you are at an indoor range, the Labradar is better. Something to due with the fluorescent lighting as it picks up other shooters, typically to your left. Not sure why. Plus I found that under .30 caliber, the Labradar doesn't have as many dropped shots. No clue why.

I own both. I'm afraid the Garmin is not a panacea. If you are solo, no other shooters, it's great. If you are at an indoor range, the Labradar is better. Something to due with the fluorescent lighting as it picks up other shooters, typically to your left. Not sure why. Plus I found that under .30 caliber, the Labradar doesn't have as many dropped shots. No clue why.
Weird …. So far I've seen just the opposite between those two units but I've had limited time behind them as well. So far, no dropped shots at all from G and a few from my LR. Maybe each "individual" unit (of both types) have their individual issues?!? I still like my LR but I'm liking my G more all the time. I'll be testing both more as we head down life's path😉.

I put 400 rounds through a 7mm Rem Mag last year. All over the LR. The LR with an external trigger is pretty solid. I don't think it missed more than a couple and I forgot to arm it a lot more times than that. I powered it with the USB port and a big LifePO4 battery. Used bluetooth to connect to my iPad and control it.

I've shot a couple of hundred 8.6BLK and .300BLK (total not each) over the Garmin. It's missed a few. Since it's new I'll put most of the misses on me. When shooting subs I sometimes forget to select the lower velocity range.

The LR is easier from a documentation standpoint but easier than easy isn't saying much.

I take both to the range. I use the Garmin. The LR is the unused backup.

I am a tad older and do not regret buying a Garmin.It was hard to put out $600.00 but using it the first time I realzed I made a good purchase!
I have used it on 4 different trips to the range and the only time it didn't record a shot is because I did not arm it.My fault.
Learning curve is short.I figured it out first time out.
big johnson you will be glad sir!

The battery is internal like a 📱 phone
I bought an internal battery for my Garmin just for back up in case the original one goes bad, I got the number of it on YouTube I believe . The Model number is CS-GMP550SL Part number 361-00056-09 and another part number on it is 361-00056-08
made by Cameron Sino.
The reason I bought it is Ive had electronic devices internal batteries go bad in the past.