Garmin Xero C1 Pro

I think we all can agree "does more, less space". Still using my Magneto until it breaks. Thought about getting one until I found a nice SA REM action to hang a new 6GT barrel on. Oh well, maybe after tax season. mmmm...nah.

Its amazing to me how we are performing statistical analysis on a five shot string and then argue whether the "Sample" or "Population" equation is the correct one. In reality, it tells us what?

Its amazing to me how we are performing statistical analysis on a five shot string and then argue whether the "Sample" or "Population" equation is the correct one. In reality, it tells us what?
In reality, and in my case, it should allow a direct comparison between similar velocities measured on my LabRadar, and my buddy's new Garmin. But, though average and ES compare well, SD does not, with the Garmin often besting the LabRadar by an SD of 2. So, if you've got an ES and SD goal for your load workups, you're getting the wrong (optimistic) answer from Garmin

Exactly. These are just different ways to measure a "variable". You are not getting an absolute number. Meaning that if your ES is 4, it doesn't mean that there's an absolute guarantee your next shot will be 4 and that the next shot won't make your ES larger. It's similar to measuring the distance between 2 holes, one using inches and one using mm. The holes haven't moved just because you used a different measuring stick. All measurements are just a reference to compare to the next measurement and a way to express said measurement to someone else. None are the be-all, end-all. Just use the same one to make your comparisons. There is more variation in powder lots, brass lots, neck tension, bullet lots, etc. for either to ever be an absolute -- they are only foggy references.

Last edited:
I am a little perplexed with my garmin the last 2 days out shooting. I've only missed one shot I can remember in a couple hundred between bare muzzle, braked, and suppressed. Yesterday I was shooting my 27 Sherman mag and have done so before with no issues. It is braked. First of three rounds with a 170 Berger all picked up. Then I had a pressure test loaded with 175 sierra game changers and it didn't pick up any of the four shots. Never moved anything between any shots. Today did the same. Shot first three rounds with 170 bergers and all picked up. Then had one loaded with the 175 sierra gamechanger. Once again I moved nothing and it didn't pick it up. Shot 3 rounds after that with a braked 33 nosler and it picked all those up too. Anyone have any ideas why that would happen? The only change was the bullet but it won't pick those up. I tried a different relation from the garmin to the muzzle today vs the previous day.
Did you start a new session with the 175's?

Mine was $599.00 from Planet Optics. This thing is a genius piece of kit. About the size of a go pro and sets up in about 1 minute. Many very cool features but best of all, no screens or worries about shooting your chrony and my favorite thing of all--so far, NO missed shots! I'll be giving away my other 3 chronies to young guys who need one but can't afford one. Caucasian thumbs up emoji!

Did you start a new session with the 175's?
I did start a new session both times with the 175's and between every rifle and load. It doesn't make sense why it would not read that bullet. It's has worked on 6mm, 270, 30, and 338's I've ran with it. Guessing I should be in the 3100 fps range. I'll have to throw the magneto on and see what happens I guess.

Recent Posts