Found Primers but are they too much $$$

Can see it now, Chevy Chase in RV backing into a small LGS parking lot! OMG need to have video!!😂

😂 It depends upon the size of the motor home and the parking lot size. In our area of the country…..not all parking lots are designed for Prius'! 🙀😂 Heck, a crew cab truck with an 8 ft bed is almost as long as our motor home! 😉 Plus…..I ain't scared to walk a little way to a GS selling primers! 😉 memtb

If they haven't sold out already.

If you want to shoot, pony up the dough.
Sir, no offense to you…

Prices are determined by what people will pay. By what I see in the factory ammo arena tells me we are at a near "over supply" condition with ammo makers. Once they reach max, they will be renegotiating prices. This is likely happening now or just finish. Then they will dump a bunch on the Reloader market at high prices. This will raise inventory levels and cause pricing to fall….well, unless people buy at $175 a box. Remember, they can likely still make good profit under $40 per 1000.

A semi-local retailer is already at $80 per 1000….no limit.

Sir, no offense to you…

Prices are determined by what people will pay. By what I see in the factory ammo arena tells me we are at a near "over supply" condition with ammo makers. Once they reach max, they will be renegotiating prices. This is likely happening now or just finish. Then they will dump a bunch on the Reloader market at high prices. This will raise inventory levels and cause pricing to fall….well, unless people buy at $175 a box. Remember, they can likely still make good profit under $40 per 1000.

A semi-local retailer is already at $80 per 1000….no limit.
You might very well be correct, and I sincerely hope you are.

But, if you are out of primers NOW, and want to continue to shoot, you HAVE to buy where you can find them.

I just shot 111 rounds across 6 rifles this morning banging steel. I have zero inclination to slow down my personal shooting practice. So I chose to remain well stocked.

But, if you are out of primers NOW, and want to continue to shoot, you HAVE to buy where you can find them.

I just shot 111 rounds across 6 rifles this morning banging steel. I have zero inclination to slow down my personal shooting practice. So I chose to remain well stocked.
No disagreement here. It is not reasonable to stop shooting! I just know I used to keep about a 2 year supply! I will likely bump that to a 5 yr supply. For now. I let the retailers hold the $100+ per box primers, until I absolutely need them.

I think this is where I am right now.

Natchez has had them for almost a week now if we all would quit buying at these prices they would go back down it's supply and demand but if everyone would just hunker down needing them or not they would drop in price goes with everything not just primers you see the small rifle primers going on sale to move them that's cause nobody is buying them

Recent Posts