Food outside freeze dried junk

I
I've got a 7 days Llama pack in trip in Idaho coming up. I've done tons of Mtn ops and similar style of freeze dried meals in the past. Does anyone have advice on how to get cleaner/healthier meals out there that will
Last? Examples would be appreciated
If you know someone with a freez drier you can make up just about anything you want.
I make anything from tuna casserole to fajitas. I use the meals when traveling for work while there are a few things that don't work most things work very well.

I like Mountain House Beef Stroganoff, and recently tried another brand that had Chicken Alfredo with Spinach. I went to the Boundary Waters for a week and had Stroganoff for dinner every night. My friend tried different meals every night and at the end agreed that the Stroganoff was the best.

If it is warm, I take cereal and dry milk for breakfast. If cold, I take maple brown sugar instant oatmeal. I like Walmart brand best because the packages don't have aluminum foil, so they burn better.

I take Water Table Crackers and homemade jerky for lunch, and sometimes thow in a chunk of cheese. I dehydrate apricots dipped in pineapple juice for snacks, and make trail mix from Costco mixed nuts, wasabi peas, and M&Ms.

At home I avoid sugar, but when hunting, I want the energy boost, and I'm sure I'm burning it off.

I don't understand what you mean by clean. I found a plastic container that fit inside my MSR kettle, and cut it short to make a cup. It is wide enough it doesn't tip over when set on the ground. I mix my meals in that, so the kettle is just for boiling water.
I repackage the meals I take into Ziplock sandwich bags to get rid of bulk and weight.

3 packs of Wasa Multigrain Crispbread crackers 700cal = 2,100cal
2 pounds Super Crunchy peanut butter=2,800cal
3 pounds Cosmic Crisp apples=1,000cal
1 pound Pecan Halves=3,040cal
10 cans of StarKist Tuna Selects EVOO 230cal=2,300cal
2 pounds of Almonds=5,200cal
1 pound Steel Cut Oats 3minute=2,900cal
2 pounds Chia Seeds=4,400cal
10 cans Bumble Bee Smoke Flavored Coho Salmon 150cal X !0=1,500cal
3 cases of 24 Bottles Spring Water 500ML each=Zero cal
That'll give ya bout 25,000 calories @ 3,500 calories day, probably survive. Put the chia seeds in the oatmeal before heating. Chia seeds on the peanut butter on the crackers, Good luck on ur hunt!
good list.... thank you..... how about a water purifier instead of 3 cases...???

good list.... thank you..... how about a water purifier instead of 3 cases...???
Could try a water purifier that if ya wanted kinda roll the dice. Probably just about no way, a guy would give up the 3 cases of Spring water, too many positives on a hunt/trip. Never been more than 12 miles in from the rig, packing 3 cases, to camp, completely worth the effort. If ya can't shake the morning coffee jones, might even take couple ounces of instant Expresso coffee powder along. Maybe his Llamas, would carry a case or 2 of water to camp, it'd be drunk up/ gone when time to pack out Elk quarters. Hope he gets a good 1.

I use a dehydrator.
Jerky, and fruit chips.
Mix my own granola, add in some dehydrated blueberries, apple & banana.

Although I mostly just do day trips. Seems like I always pack more than I need for the "just in case".

If late season hunt, the Aldi has those, made in Germany Stollens, almond or cherry, weigh about 2lbs. Throw that in the pack and slice off a slab, now N then, keep up hiking in for the Elk. Loaded with calories, they last for days. Nuts fruit and fiber it's all good stuff.

Unless you're hunting where there isn't water, a water filter is the way to go. Very rare to find viruses in the woods, but giardia is an issue most places. A purifier removes viruses but is slow to filter. A filter removes cryptosporidium and giaradia, and is generally all you need.

Water Basics sells a gravity system that willl filter a gallon of water in about 20 minutes. Total weight 10 oz. A $24 Sawyer filter from Walmart works well also.

Packing perishable foods for the first few days then switching to dried is a good strategy. A small spinning rig can fill out the menu during those off-hours when hunting is futile. Bacon lasts and trout fried in bacon grease is awesome, along with boiled eggs. On the cheap things like popcorn, steel cut oatmeal, saltines, peanut butter, english muffins, beef hot dogs on a skewer.
I have a Little Chief smoker and salmon, deer/elk/antelope brisket etc. are its steady diet. One of our apple trees died and feeds the smoker. Pancake mix with dried eggs, a cube of butter and a small container of maple syrup. Bit of olive oil in the pan to keep them from sticking. Cheese. Works well for the crackers, lasts forever. Heavy organic whipping cream for the coffee or tea, lasts at least a week and makes the pancakes awesome, great in the oatmeal too. Dijon mustard and fresh onion for the hot dogs. Don't forget a loaf of bread for toast and hot dog buns. Chips and some onion dip. Freeze dried water. Are you getting hungry yet???

This, plus honey. Tastes great. I have some pemican bars from a couple of different companies. One is CarnivoreBar the other is Franky's Free Range Meats. I bought some honey packs off of Amazon that you just drizzle in the pemican bar like it's hot sauce and it's very good. The pemican bars alone aren't that tasty but they're very nutritious and pack plenty of calories.

Peak, Backpackers pantry and heathers choice are my favorites. Ate all three brands during a 7 archery elk hunt. All of them were good, word of advice, stay away from Backpackers pantry butter noodles and spring vegetables. Unless you like large chucks of freeze dried zucchini.

I need to try some pemmican, I've wanted to try making my own for ever.

One thing I took on my recent backpack hunt was tuna packets and a tortilla wrap to put it in, made a nice snack/ lunch. I even warmed one up on the fire a bit that was nice.