Flatbed Trailer - Tent Platform?

There use to be a company in Indiana that custom made tents for flatbeds. This has intrigued me to some degree since I now have a 16' flatbed for new Can Am Defender.

So has anyone DIY this? Know of a anyone that does this? Any pics of how you did it?

I have an old 10x12 wall tent that I am looking at to see if I can modify.

I have a RV mat that would be great for floor.

Pros? Cons?
What exactly is this going serve use for ? Camp, storage, ?

The custom built canvas wall tent can use a steel or aluminum frame that goes together in a very short time. They are stand alone and can have a woodstove fly installed. My old fishing buddy had one that we used for fall and winter trips. With the Franklin wood stove we stayed out three days ice fishing with temp going -20 at night and about 8 inches of snow.
I hunt with a guy that built blinds on trailers. They are huge with square tubing frames. Glass windows, full size entry door. You might consider doing that. "Permanent" tho.

Could you cut a section of the roof and have a woodstove fly installed?
My thought as well. Plus I added heat protection on stove pipe in another LRH thread that would work I bet.

Quick setup camp, very basic and easy to set. Don't really want to go all in since I do have wall tent.

Ok found slightly bigger 8'x14' and should still work as well.
Amazon product ASIN B09FF7H672
Those poly storage tents are decent. Add on wall panels and they hold heat well. We use one for a chow hall during bear camp. Walls roll up if needed and stay fairly air tight during windy days holding heat well.

Holy cow!! This might be it! Little bigger!

Holy cow!! This might be it! Little bigger!
Basically 8'x16'. Should fit the platform.

How big is the 850xd when stowed? I see the weight is 85 pounds-- hub blinds are quick to set up and strong too. Might build some recessed tie downs into the trailer bed to accommodate "staking down" the blind -- a cot, a wood stove, make sure you put stabilizer jack's on the trailer too. Since the trailer bed is raised off of the ground and the cold air can get under it, you'll want a stove or a way to insulate the floor

Recent Posts