Flatbed Trailer - Tent Platform?

Muddyboots

There use to be a company in Indiana that custom made tents for flatbeds. This has intrigued me to some degree since I now have a 16' flatbed for new Can Am Defender.

So has anyone DIY this? Know of a anyone that does this? Any pics of how you did it?

I have an old 10x12 wall tent that I am looking at to see if I can modify.

I have a RV mat that would be great for floor.

Pros? Cons?

My desire to plop a tent trailer on a flatbed still exists. One that I can park a Polaris crew type vehicle on it too. My wife wouldn't enjoy it but we have a motorhome for that kind of camping.
I would install extra water tanks, possible grey/black tanks. Would be fine for most of my camping/ fishing and hunting.

So maybe I should be looking for storage? My trailer is 82" inside Width so this would work.

Edit added: the dimensions are decent. Center height and side height.
B7E7318C-56EC-4559-BC05-7BED7792760E.jpeg

Last edited:
So maybe I should be looking for storage? My trailer is 82" inside Width so this would work.
That could do it. Then you might be able to buy an awning set up for an outdoor kitchen, on or off the trailer.

I was also thinking how fast this could be for a weather bugout. Seems like last couple trips I had to weather bug out. I was wondering if they would make custom for another 2'? Plus I want to add wood stove and I did this last year to protect tent jack so I believe will protect fine from heat.

C'mon LRH brain trust let's hear some ideas!