Eating Coyote

I saw this in Predator Nation magazine and thought of this thread........Anyone game to try it?View attachment 132723
I always heard Bobcat & Lynx were good eating. Now granted, the people I heard this from are True Trappers who live off their catch. Its protein that sustains them thru the cold, harsh, lean times of winter. They sell the pelts and consume the meat! I've also heard that with enough Garlc & Pepper, ANYTHING is good! YOU be the judge! Theosmithjr

Ive watched a couple roadside coyote spoils of mine for weeks without a magpie touching them.

I'm the least picky person in the world, but not hungry to eat a coyote
Everytime I'm skinning a Yote out, I begin to feel guilty about the waste of the meat. So to ease my conscience, I took the hind quarters, grilled them, and said "Here puppies" with reservation. They came a running with heads & tails high. A few sniffs and some very odd LOOKS, and Mans Best Friends LQQKED at me with the expression on their faces as if they were saying, ***! ENUFF SAID! LOL
They WOULDN'T TOUCH IT! NOT EVEN A LICK!
Theosmithjr

i have had snakes and Bobcat and love it, but not had yotes, i am also curious.
NEVER say NEVER! While sitting here I think I'd NEVER eat YOTE, BUT if I was between a Rock & A Hard Place I'd choose SURVIVAL! But with my skill set I'm sure I could scrounge another protein source, but you NEVER KNOW until it actually HAPPENS! Theosmithjr

NEVER say NEVER! While sitting here I think I'd NEVER eat YOTE, BUT if I was between a Rock & A Hard Place I'd choose SURVIVAL! But with my skill set I'm sure I could scrounge another protein source, but you NEVER KNOW until it actually HAPPENS! Theosmithjr
There a lot of Africans and South American who have been eating dogs for centuries, nothing new. i think i will be gamed to try Yotes. :(

I would probable have trouble eating one because they look just like my own dogs! But then I did eat my pet bull when I was younger?
LMAO! NO ONE except the old wild west tales of Indians eating Coyotes regularly would WANT to eat one; but realistically, if that's ALL there was, and ANY HUMAN was STARVING, they'd EAT COYOTE! Its human nature to survive. Their meat is low fat, high protein. If it will keep you ALIVE until another choice is available, I'll bet my bottom dollar WE'D ALL EAT YOTE! Granted they're foul, nasty, disgusting creatures, but their flesh can sustain ones life when in dire straits! That's the ONLY **** WAY I'll ever taste YOTE! BUZZARS PASS ON EM! Natures scavengers turn their noses up! The things a Yote eats can Not produce tasty flesh, but it can SUSTAIN! NEVER SAY NEVER! I to ate my pets; rabbits, chickens, various birds; I'd much rather eat your pet BULL! LMFAO
Theosmithjr

LMAO! NO ONE except the old wild west tales of Indians eating Coyotes regularly would WANT to eat one; but realistically, if that's ALL there was, and ANY HUMAN was STARVING, they'd EAT COYOTE! Its human nature to survive. Their meat is low fat, high protein. If it will keep you ALIVE until another choice is available, I'll bet my bottom dollar WE'D ALL EAT YOTE! Granted they're foul, nasty, disgusting creatures, but their flesh can sustain ones life when in dire straits! That's the ONLY ---- WAY I'll ever taste YOTE! BUZZARS PASS ON EM! Natures scavengers turn their noses up! The things a Yote eats can Not produce tasty flesh, but it can SUSTAIN! NEVER SAY NEVER! I to ate my pets; rabbits, chickens, various birds; I'd much rather eat your pet BULL! LMFAO
Theosmithjr
Some of the very earliest examples of human skeletons had tool marks on them and had been roasted in a campfire so people will eat anything if hungry, but Coyote is STILL very low on my list!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.