Eating Coyote

I really have ZERO DESIRE to try it, especially after what my friend Geo said. LOL However back in day, and still today I hear the Indians out in S Dakota where I go Prarie Doggin eat em reguarly. No Wonder the ranchers tell me if I see em on his property, (Indians) SHOOT the THEIVING BASTARDS! LMFAO
Theosmithjr

...funny you should mention this. When we got off the boat from the Mekong, we sat down at this restaurant and had a delicious looking piece of steak, "meat". It looked great but tasted like s#/t. That could very well have been dog. We sent it back and ordered a chicken dish.
I have many friends that were in Nam, and they said the same thing as you. They also said that so called CHICKEN Dishes weren't always Chicken either! Makes a ROUND EYED MAN wonder! Thanks for sharing!
Theosmithjr

Actually Cougars are pretty tasty. They have the least parasites of all furry critters in the wild,,,, """wild""" cats normally eat fresh kills since they are fussy eaters.

The roast look like a real light pork loine before cooking in a crook pot,,, once they are done cooking they are like a light coloured soft roast beef.

I always considered Elk as butter meat of the critter Kingdom,,, then I find out that Cougar is twice that of Elk.

No spices required either,,, less a salt and pepper sprinkle before baking.

What an eye opener fore sure.

PS: again ,,, cats are pretty clean animals even though they are not keen on swimming and water sports,,, most of them are that is. One female cat """Normally""" kills 40 to 50 ish Deer per year because they are fresh meat eaters,,, they will attempt to take out every Rabbit they come across and birds or nests with eggs in them. Most Cougars that is,,, that's not saying that older ones that have injuries don't take what they can get to survive.

Cougars eat like royalty since they have carnavor skills and speed that many wild critters don't. The are the butter butter meat. Yum Yum.

As for Coyote,,, well,,, I won't go there. Let's say it this way,,, they don't taste any thing like pine or pork ,,,."""Porky-Pine""" they cook up nice as well,,, dark dark beef style roast when done.

I know how they got there name since they taste like it,,, Ha.

Cheers from the 49th and North

Last edited:
Actually Cougars are pretty tasty. They have the least parasites of all furry critters in the wild,,,, """wild""" cats normally eat fresh kills since they are fussy eaters.

The roast look like a real light pork loine before cooking in a crook pot,,, once they are done cooking they are like a light coloured soft roast beef.

I always considered Elk as butter meat of the critter Kingdom,,, then I find out that Cougar is twice that of Elk.

No spices required either,,, less a salt and pepper sprinkle before baking.

What an eye opener fore sure.

PS: again ,,, cats are pretty clean animals even though they are not keen on swimming and water sports,,, most of them are that is. One female cat """Normally""" kills 40 to 50 ish Deer per year,,, they will attempt to take out every Rabbit they come across and birds or nests with eggs in them.

Cougars eat like royalty since they have carnavor skills and speed that many wild critters don't. The are the butter butter meat. Yum Yum.

As for Coyote,,, well,,, I won't go there. Let's say it this way,,, they don't taste any thing like pine or pork ,,,."""Porky-Pine""" they cook up nice as well,,, dark dark beef style roast when done.

I know how they got there name since they taste like it,,, Ha.

Cheers from the 49th and North
Hey Friend I'm in Pennsylvania. I've seen the same BOBCAT TWICE now. Hes a HUGE TOM! I've decided that if I see him again, I'm takin him. I've seen on TV the guys in Alaska trap a lot of their meat as well as hunt the bigger game. One fella on the show caught, skinned out, then ate a LYNX. He too said that CAT meat is delicious! Now I used to HATE CATS until my daughter at age 5 asked for one. Now there are 3 in my home. But over the years while Groundhog hunting I've made HUNDREDS of em CLIMB THE INVISIBLE LADDER! When that SUPER SONIC round enters their skull, they CLIMB it 6 to 8 feet! Then when they hit the ground their tail either STANDS STRAIGHT UP or SPINS like a Helicopter! I think when I WHACK that BOBCAT I'll try a piece. Especially now after your post & watching that fella on TV. Thanks friend.
Theosmithjr

I guess you could eat any type flesh. But I would strongly advise you not to eat a yote. Man they are scavengers. Much like a buzzard. Would you eat a buzzard?

I have a fellow bobcat hunter friend that lovel to eat bobcat back straps..yuck no thanks.
Pratt I too have Kittys in my home. I think it would be VERY, VERY HARD for me to even TASTE a wild cat. I've always said that as far as FOOD goes I'd TRY ANYTHING ONCE, but I'm 99.99% certain that COYOTES & BOBCATS are OFF the menu for me. However, NEVER SAY NEVER! If I found myself in a desperate situation whereas either was the ONLY source of protein, I'm 99.99% certain that after a few days of STARVATION, I'd CHOW DOWN to sustain myself enough to get my *** OUTTA THERE!
Theosmithjr

I have watched as other yotes ate their breathern and yet the ravens passed. we have an area where we take the remains of cleaned deer and dump it off. The coyotes, buzzards and other varmints make quick use of them. Occasionally shoot other things that we dump there and they disappear quickly as well, with one exception. Coyotes. Nothing will touch them. Not another coyote, I don't even think blow flies will light on a yote carcass. I have seen them mumified at spring thaw, nothing ate on them all winter. Even the shrews will only go inside and eat the belly contents and leave the remainder. buzzard, possum, coon, or anything. They lie right there until they rot. If even a buzzard wont eat one you can bet this boy wont either! That right there told me all I ever needed to know about trying it myself.

Ive watched a couple roadside coyote spoils of mine for weeks without a magpie touching them.

I'm the least picky person in the world, but not hungry to eat a coyote

I saw this in Predator Nation magazine and thought of this thread........Anyone game to try it?
20190428_153943.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.