Drone Use in deer hunting

Tennessee deer eat pretty good so I expect yours would but some places they don't eat as well.Texas white tail deer are closer to 60-80 pounds gutted.
My brother shot the largest whitetail deer in a herd in Texas north of Houston and netted only 31 pounds of meat!No bones just meat.
Good lord 😮 that tiny

A while back I posted a humerous post about flying my deer out using a packed in drone. At the time I was only kidding however over the weekend I found this on UTUBE. I don't know if this is actual or a put up job but thought you folks may be interested.

Mike

I will show this to my grandson. He is a special effects/post production guy in L.A. He will know if it's the real deal or some digital trick. It could be a great idea - especially for an old guy, like me.

In regard to post #3 on the Pa person cited for using a drone, in my mind there's no place in fair chase hunting for drones. If the reg's forbid it, and he was cited, I'm good with that. What's next, we equip the drones with firearms so we can 'hunt' from our house or the cab of a UTV? It's a slippery slope we need to stay off of in my opinion and I'm good with every measure taken to prevent their use.

Last edited:
I totally think that's a legit video of a deer being "long lined" using an UAV.

Hunters use crewed aircraft to get them in and out of hunt spots every season in multiple states, hauling out game when they fly out of their hunt spot(s). If it were a crewed helicopter doing the same thing, would you feel differently? I've known guys in MT who have hired helicopters companies to fly them into land locked public land that's surround by private, harvested game, and then were flown out. I've also know some that have used helicopter to fly a "drop camp" right up to the wilderness boundary that's difficult to get to. It's not illegal as long as you follow the regulations of the state you're hunting in and any aircraft involved follows FAA regulations. And…you're willing to throw down some serious money.

Aircraft are used extensively in AK by many, many hunters every season. Watch any AK hunting show and they usually talk about the laws in AK they have to follow because they are using aircraft to hunt.

As long the UAV pilot and hunters involved follow all the rules, there's nothing wrong here as the regs are written now. I'm not trying to convince anyone this is great…just telling you how it is.