Do You Hunt Turkeys?

Do You Hunt Turkeys?

• YES

Votes: 420 58.1%
  • NO

Votes: 303 41.9%

• Total voters
winmag, I hear ya, I think the old salt on the tail has been used alot more than some think.

All last fall I watched 3 toms and gave them names. Moe, Larry and Curly. Called them in this spring, shot Moe, Curly flew the coop. Larry run then came back to peck the dieing Moe. Shot larry. Curly is stil on the run and I hope to get him next spring.:D

Haven't hunted Turkey for a few years when i was younger my family at Thanksgiving dinner would have an all wild game dinner, Turkey, Vension, Rabbit, Pheasant, and if we had them Grouse there would be about 12 to 15 for dinner for a lot of years.

Only hunted them one season, when I was 16. There where about 30 birds that would move around the valley on my friends farm. We both only had .22 rimfires, so that's what we used(Oooops). Longest shot, Tom@62yrds base of the neck and he's in the bag. gun)

Oh yeah!! this is has got to be my new fav for hunting here in SD. YOU can use your centgerfire rifle!!! nothing like spot and stalk on a turkey, they have great eyes and it really makes a great trophy to get in that 50 yard range and pop one or let them perrish at a couple hhundered, however there usually is much less left at long range!

If anyone is interested i have some connections who sell hunts every spring for merriams turkeys, bow, rifle, shotgun

You bet. have been hunting turkeys for 27 years. If you get out of your blinds and run and gun it will make you a much better elk and deer hunter. They teach you patients

Have them in the yard most of the year, favorite call is the auger of the feeder! Haven't shot one. Did hunt them once (away from the place). I'd like to shoot one with a cast bullet in the old 25-35 for for a "traditional" Thanksgiving, but that's not really the same as "hunting" them. I have friends that are pretty committed to the sport. The new developments in guns and loads is impressive, and the degree of difficulty on public land earns my respect for the guys doing it.

Turkey hunting is probably my favorite. Im much more experienced at it than long range rifle hunting! But hey, one day when i finally get my rifle/scope complete, I'll have a change of tune.

Turkey hunting is exciting, aggravating, and downright difficult sometimes. There is a lot of satisfaction in going one on one with a wily ole Tom and bringing him down.

Its been a wierd year in MS this year. Everyone, including myself, has had a difficult go at it. Either there are a good many turkeys to be heard or there are none. Oh well, still a lot of fun!

Just started this year and got my first one
th_May11045.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.