Cutting Edge 375 Bullets

The 13/6.5 was the barrel used. The nose on these bullets are very conservative and there are going to be more tested with more radical noses on them and the tighter twists may be needed for them. I think the 6.5 is going to be fine for these I have tested thus far. I still want to take them out to 2500 or so before I am willing to say for sure. I just got off the phone with Rock and they are cutting 375 barrels this week. I ordered a 6.203 twist as a midpoint between the 9/6 and the 13/6.5 that I already have. I have not chambered the 9/6 yet so I dont know how it will do. The 8 twist seemed to be a little slow, who knows even a 7 might be OK. You boys need to go dig up a fruit jar and help me fine tune this thing.

Oh, I would check with Dan at Cutting Edge to see if he is willing to put these out yet before buying a barrel.

Oh, I would check with Dan at Cutting Edge to see if he is willing to put these out yet before buying a barrel.
I hope Dan dose put them out you carnt tease us with the best and brightest and not put them out. The BC on the ones your using at the moment seem to be about .960 the more radical nose will really give the 375 CT wings :D The beter barrel life of the 375 CT over the 338 CT and these new bullets might have a few jumping ship from the 338 CT???

I have been using the Horus ATRAG, it came up with a 1.05 BC to match the drop with the conditions given at 1 mi.

Sounds like close to GS 414 and it will be very interesting to see what test shoe on progressives. Have you tried he Predators from Australia?

Has someone done any recent testing on the GS 414, they are claiming a 1.25 BC. I have not read where anybody has done any extensive testing on these. I checked with Gina and it will take 3-4 months to get delivery on these. I may go ahead and order a few to see how they do.

Augustus, the "average cumulative BC" is what your are measuring and is whats important, not the muzzle velocity BC - which dont mean a **** to us...

As far as i know, dave veirs is the only person in teh world who has shot the GS 414 and he has only shot it 1100yds or so... no average BC for this testing has been published...

The predators real world average BC is less than 0.9... so its not really in the same league...

LR3 posted that the GS 414 had good performance and a 1.1 BC. Does anyone know who did the testing.

Augustus. I visited Dave Viers and tried his 375 vmg with predators and saw his work with 414 GS and the 375 progressive twist bartlein sniptac. I don't want to miss qoute him but as I recall his best was 2 inch group at 1400yds (3shots). The predators were not as good but still about 6 inch group. The reason I m looking forward to your tests is to see if a progressive is needed or not for these really high BC bullets and then make my decision for a rifle to handle them. Dave is also checking this out. Keep up the good work and search for top bullets. Pity the Vikings did not work out.

LR3,,, Just to clarify........

Dave's test with the GS 414 solid was done at 1150 yards, not 1400...And it was initally a 2 shot group that yielded a 2 inch group. He ran out of bullets so he went back to the shop and loaded 2 more, shot them and it spread out to a 4 inch group.....Not bad shooting!!

I followed this pretty close because I received my GS 414 bullets just after he did his tests last year. I also received several GS 425 HV's for my snipe tac but never completed my tests. We got snowed in last year and it was not until recently that we were able to shoot long range.

Im not ready to publish my results on the GS bullets bc I really didn't get a chance to finish. I have more GS bullets, but Im getting side tracked by the new Cutting Edge bullets.

I will be testing the new 350 gr in a 10 twist snipe tac,,,,the new 377 gr in both the 8 twist and 10 twist and also the 402 gr in my 8 twist. I will publish the results here and perhaps even some video if the initial results are good.

Cheers,
Zman

The 13/6.5 was the barrel used. The nose on these bullets are very conservative and there are going to be more tested with more radical noses on them and the tighter twists may be needed for them. I think the 6.5 is going to be fine for these I have tested thus far. I still want to take them out to 2500 or so before I am willing to say for sure. I just got off the phone with Rock and they are cutting 375 barrels this week. I ordered a 6.203 twist as a midpoint between the 9/6 and the 13/6.5 that I already have. I have not chambered the 9/6 yet so I dont know how it will do. The 8 twist seemed to be a little slow, who knows even a 7 might be OK. You boys need to go dig up a fruit jar and help me fine tune this thing.

Augustus,
Im getting ready to load up some Cutting Edge 377 gr MTAC's for my 375 snipe tac...Do you have any load data from your 370's?? Powder and charge would be great!!

Im also loading the Cutting Edge 402 gr MTAC's tomorrow for the 375 snipe tac, but have enough data for these...

thanks

I will be testing the new 350 gr in a 10 twist snipe tac,,,,the new 377 gr in both the 8 twist and 10 twist and also the 402 gr in my 8 twist. I will publish the results here and perhaps even some video if the initial results are good.

Cheers,
Zman

Lead on pioneer! I'm in the wagon train right behind you.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts