Cutting Edge 375 Bullets

Augustus

Ill make this short and to the point. I have been testing some projos from Cutting Edge. There are two versions. There is a 375 gr. and a 400 gr. in addition to the 350 gr. that has been around for a while now.

Heres the skinny, the 375 gr. runs 3150 or so and accuracy is very good. I have fired several 300 yd three shot groups that were under 1 in. I fired these from two barrels. One was an 8 constant twist and the other was a 6.5/13 gain twist Bartlien. It liked the 6.5 twist much more than the 8, I fired a three shot group at 1000 yds that was 2.75 in. center to center. The 400 gr run around 3000 and the 300 yd group was under an in. out of the 6.5 twist. I fired a three shot group at 1000 that measured 5.75 center to center.

Ill make this short and to the point. I have been testing some projos from Cutting Edge. There are two versions. There is a 375 gr. and a 400 gr. in addition to the 350 gr. that has been around for a while now.

Heres the skinny, the 375 gr. runs 3150 or so and accuracy is very good. I have fired several 300 yd three shot groups that were under 1 in. I fired these from two barrels. One was an 8 constant twist and the other was a 6.5/13 gain twist Bartlien. It liked the 6.5 twist much more than the 8, I fired a three shot group at 1000 yds that was 2.75 in. center to center. The 400 gr run around 3000 and the 300 yd group was under an in. out of the 6.5 twist. I fired a three shot group at 1000 that measured 5.75 center to center.

On there site I only see 320 grain .375 bullets whats the skinny on the heavies?

I talked Dan into making something heavier. He came up with a 375 gr and 400 gr prototype. I have fired about fifty of each so far.

Well then we need some pics of those things, are you shooting a 375 rum, chey-tac or allen mag?

They were shot from a standard 375 Chey-tac case. The design is for all practical purposes identical to the projos pictured in the web-site. These are just longer and heavier.

There was no projected BC from Cutting Edge on these bullets. I requested them, Dan cut them and I fired them. I really hate to stir up a storm at this point by declaring a BC. I have a pretty good idea of the input needed at stated vel. at 1000 yds. I am going to shoot them at a mile and get good drop data at that distance before I stick my neck out on their BC.

They sound a very interesting bullet those 375grain bullets in a bartlein gain twist 13-6.5 barrel, will they be available for the public any time soon??? If the 320 has a BC of .830 the 375-400 will be very impressive for sure. How do they work on game out to 1300 yards??

Augustus. Very interesting in light of the 375 GS 414 gr bullets also having outstanding performance and a BC of about 1.1. Look forward to your calculations of BC after 1 mile testing. Looks like you feel a progressive is better than a constant twist 8?

I have not used these on game yet, the nose is drilled and it seems to expand in dirt very easily. The only way to know is try them. The barrel is a 30 in. and Bartlein will make them now, the wait time may be an issue. I just recieved a 9/6 gain a couple of wks ago. Also Rock is going to run some constant twist 375s in a couple of wks, they will cut them down to a 6 twist. I have one on order so we will know very soon if the gain twists are necessary.

I fired two at a mile just before dark, the velocity was 3000 fps, Temp 72 deg F, BP 29.98 at 553 ft, Humidity was 50 %. Bore ht. is 1.9 inches. The two rds landed 6 inches apart with no verticle deviation, horizontal despersion was six inches. The drop with a 100 yd zero was 13.4 Mils. Again this is only two rds and I do not expect to be able to duplicate this accuracy all the time.

This is great news for the 375 cheytac, finally some heavy good BC, accurate bullets, it will be interesting what you find comparing the gain twist against the constant twist barrels. Were the bullets you tested at a mile the 400 grain bullets at 3000fps??? thanks for the info keep us posted.

Last edited:
Yes, they were 400s, I will be firing more of them and also some of the 375s over the next few days at ever increasing distances. I really dont know if the gain twist is a necessity, I am getting a 6.25 constant twist from Rock to see if it will work.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.