Co resident license increase maybe?

I hunted Colorado for over 25 years and they were always screwing with the licenses and making it more difficult for the out of state hunters and now I guess it is time to start screwing with the residents license.

I love hunting there, and hated to see Colorado go the way they did so much so that I no longer spend my money there.

It appears that they have targeted any kind of hunting so you guys are next.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

I agree with JE. They make it more difficult for hunters every year. God help new hunters trying to figure out the licensing system. I figured they would raise license costs for us since it's been a while. I won't be surprised when they raise for non residents again too.

I agree with JE. They make it more difficult for hunters every year. God help new hunters trying to figure out the licensing system. I figured they would raise license costs for us since it's been a while. I won't be surprised when they raise for non residents again too.

You might want to read this

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Financial-Sustainability/Wildlife-Budget-FAQs.pdf

Go down to question 11

My guess is your going to see increase that gets us closer to 10% non resident fee. JE from Texas and they did pretty close to same thing resident hunt license is $25 and nonresident deer is $315. Only reason I know that is my sister lives Texas and was down their first part of June and they what me come down this fall hunt deer on their lease.

You might want to read this

https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/Financial-Sustainability/Wildlife-Budget-FAQs.pdf

Go down to question 11

My guess is your going to see increase that gets us closer to 10% non resident fee. JE from Texas and they did pretty close to same thing resident hunt license is $25 and nonresident deer is $315. Only reason I know that is my sister lives Texas and was down their first part of June and they what me come down this fall hunt deer on their lease.

That Is correct Tom, but most Texans buy the combo that allows them to hunt everything and it is $68.00. When I started hunting Colorado elk tags were $125.00 mule deer was $65.00 and black bear was $35.00. I don't know what they would add up to now and could guess that it would be over $600.00 dollars for all of them.

As I said, I loved hunting Colorado and hate that it has gone the way it has. Not only the cost of license but the other rules imposed on all hunters. I was also in California when they passed the
marijuana laws that allowed growers to legally grow it and saw the devastation that it caused.

I hate to see it happen in Colorado but it has already changed everything and finally convinced
me that I did not need to spend money there anymore.

It is a beautiful state and I hope you guys can save it.

PS: I also think that all states should be reciprocal and charge an out of state hunter what his state charges them. If my state charges you $315.00 for an out of state license, I should be charged the same thing to hunt your state. that would level the playing field.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

That Is correct Tom, but most Texans buy the combo that allows them to hunt everything and it is $68.00. When I started hunting Colorado elk tags were $125.00 mule deer was $65.00 and black bear was $35.00. I don't know what they would add up to now and could guess that it would be over $600.00 dollars for all of them.

As I said, I loved hunting Colorado and hate that it has gone the way it has. Not only the cost of license but the other rules imposed on all hunters. I was also in California when they passed the
marijuana laws that allowed growers to legally grow it and saw the devastation that it caused.

I hate to see it happen in Colorado but it has already changed everything and finally convinced

PS: I also think that all states should be reciprocal and charge an out of state hunter what his state charges them. If my state charges you $315.00 for an out of state license, I should be charged the same thing to hunt your state. that would level the playing field.

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

Your not hunting Co so what state you hunting elk,deer,bear now?

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM

I don't think charging a out of state hunter the same as his states fee is fair. Take Colorado and Texas, since we are talking about them and correct me if I'm wrong about anything I say about Texas I've done very little research on Texas hunting. Once I was told I would have to pay to hunt about anywhere in Texas I wrote it off.
Colorado has over 20 million acres of public land, Texas has very little (pay so play I've been told).
Colorado has elk, deer (mule and whitetail), pronghorn, bear, lion, desert and mountain bighorn, mountain goats, and moose to hunt just off the top of my head.
Texas has deer, pigs, pronghorn, desert bighorn, gators,
and?
Another consideration might be cost difference in management, smaller states with a smaller variety of animals may have less costs to cover than a bigger state with more variety.

I don't think charging a out of state hunter the same as his states fee is fair. QUOTE]

Are you saying that you think it's fair to charge an out of state hunter almost 13 times what a resident pays for bull elk?
I don't mind paying more but that's ridiculous! Especially when that out of stater will probably only get to try to fill that tag in one of the several seasons. Then the next set of hunters will pay the same money to hunt the same land the next week. Can you use your tag more multiple elk seasons? When it's all said and done I wonder how much more non residents pay compared to residents? I'm sure the numbers are astronomical.

I don't think charging a out of state hunter the same as his states fee is fair. QUOTE]

Are you saying that you think it's fair to charge an out of state hunter almost 13 times what a resident pays for bull elk?
I don't mind paying more but that's ridiculous! Especially when that out of stater will probably only get to try to fill that tag in one of the several seasons. Then the next set of hunters will pay the same money to hunt the same land the next week. Can you use your tag more multiple elk seasons? When it's all said and done I wonder how much more non residents pay compared to residents? I'm sure the numbers are astronomical.
We don't get to hunt any or all the seasons at our choosing. We only can hunt for the specific animal in a specific season that the tag is valid for. Colorado's out of state fees are in line with most of the other "elk" states from what I have seen, I may be wrong and correct me if I am. As far as the license fee's are concerned, I'm not sure what would be a "fair" price. I don't know what their budget is and how it breaks down. What I do know is we get a lot of out of state hunter's and if the prices were considerably less we would be over run with people. We are about to that point now in the over-the-counter seasons. If that starts to take a toll on the herds they could move all the licenses to strictly draw and raise the fee's even more.
What does your state charge for a non-resident deer license?

If it's less than what my state charges do I then have to pay more?
Since I'm paying as much to hunt your state as it would cost you to hunt my state am I going to have the same opportunity's as you have here?
Not trying to start a ****ing match, just a different point of view,

I can appreciate your opinion without a ****ing match. You're on one side of this and I'm on the other. Y'all don't care for all the out of state competition (that was obvious my last trip, being solo made me an easier target), and we don't want to be extorted.:D

On the flip side; I bet that if the state shut down nonresident hunting that y'all would regret it. Imagine if all the money that floods into your state during hunting season just disappeared. Then you would have to pay for all those liberal hippies/bums yourself!:D

I can appreciate your opinion without a ****ing match. You're on one side of this and I'm on the other. Y'all don't care for all the out of state competition (that was obvious my last trip, being solo made me an easier target), and we don't want to be extorted.:D

On the flip side; I bet that if the state shut down nonresident hunting that y'all would regret it. Imagine if all the money that floods into your state during hunting season just disappeared. Then you would have to pay for all those liberal hippies/bums yourself!:D
I definitely don't want them to shut out the non-resident hunters. You/they bring a lot of money in and not just in the form of tags. All the businesses profit from you all. I think one reason the tags are so high is to sort of regulate the number of people who do come hunt. Like I said if the tags were say $200 we would have a ton more people here. As for the compitition of out of state hunter's I don't usually have any trouble. Most out of state hunter's don't get half a mile from the truck if they get out of it at all. I'm not saying that is any of you all but a lot of people put the miles on the road and not there boots. And to all of you coming to Colorado or any other state for that matter try not to support any of the lib-tard/hippie establishments.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.