Chronograph Help Fort Worth

I'm gonna mess with the CDS dial for a bit to see how accurate it is. For the .300, I'm not planning on going past 500 yards if I can get comfortable at that range with it. As of right now, 300 will most likely be my max.
I'd suggest the ScoreKeeper 5 bullseye target for mathematics sake

Do a 3 day hoppes #9 soak to ensure bare bore, also some copper removal with that ammonia copper remover you only leave in for 10 minutes max

I'm gonna mess with the CDS dial for a bit to see how accurate it is. For the .300, I'm not planning on going past 500 yards if I can get comfortable at that range with it. As of right now, 300 will most likely be my max.
Trust me,you will want to go further.It may take a while like I did.
When I moved to Montana I said I won't shoot past 300 yards,after seeing a big bull elk at 350 yards I took that animal.But no further,then saw a huge mulie at 450 yards and shot it but no further,then shot a huge mulie at 610 yards and the next year took another nice mule deer buck at 600 so never say never my friend.
It becomes an obsession!

Trust me,you will want to go further.It may take a while like I did.
When I moved to Montana I said I won't shoot past 300 yards,after seeing a big bull elk at 350 yards I took that animal.But no further,then saw a huge mulie at 450 yards and shot it but no further,then shot a huge mulie at 610 yards and the next year took another nice mule deer buck at 600 so never say never my friend.
It becomes an obsession!
I hear you
25-06 is gonna optimize at 500 in my opinion
Only because I can't bear the idea of a wounded game animal

I still have some Sweets 7.62.
My brother in law had a rifle re-barreled and was told if you use Sweets to clean it real well and use something to neutralize the ammonia as if you don't the residue will etch the bore.
I stopped using it then and still have the same bottle I bought back in 1998 when I moved to Montana.

I apply it after 500 rounds or so

I swab the Barrell, time it for 7 minutes
Then dry patch it
Then oil it really well with 2 or 3 patches
Then dry
Then oil again
Then continue with hoppes number 9 more
Because that copper is hiding more fouling

I apply it after 500 rounds or so

I swab the Barrell, time it for 7 minutes
Then dry patch it
Then oil it really well with 2 or 3 patches
Then dry
Then oil again
Then continue with hoppes number 9 more
Because that copper is hiding more fouling
Then you will likely NEVER have a problem!My brother in law would let it sit and soak as he called it.
Oil after a good cleaning will displace any solvent I would think.

I still have some Sweets 7.62.
My brother in law had a rifle re-barreled and was told if you use Sweets to clean it real well and use something to neutralize the ammonia as if you don't the residue will etch the bore.
I stopped using it then and still have the same bottle I bought back in 1998 when I moved to Montana.
I swab w rubbing alcohol after copper removal, and then thin coat of oil to clean dry patches
to make sure there is no ammonia left in barrel.

The .300 was 2918, 2906, 2908, 2926, 2918, 2895, 2918, 2911. I may have only done 8. I'd have to pull out the SD card to see what the standard deviation was.

I'm not great at statistics, but I have your SD around 9.6. That's pretty good for factory ammunition, but the sample size is a bit small. I'd shoot 20 rounds and if it stays under 20 SD, I would then wish I had bought a full case of the same lot #.

I'm not great at statistics, but I have your SD around 9.6. That's pretty good for factory ammunition, but the sample size is a bit small. I'd shoot 20 rounds and if it stays under 20 SD, I would then wish I had bought a full case of the same lot #.
Same lot is a HUGE factor, it's pretty amazing what you can get by doing that

I'd love to know how your CDS research works out
I've seen then, and considered one, but never got it.
Please let me know how research goes.

here in the DFW area
Curious as to where you're shooting at?

If you have ever wanted to try going further, even just for the kicks and grins of it, I highly recommend Adam at NETT. He does a class, couple hours in the room doing some basic stuff, then he takes you to the line and walks you out from 100 yards to as far as you can go/ one mile: