Canadian CSI

Calvin45

With winter fully upon us here now, this seemed apt (although no one in my neck of the woods pronounces "about" like "a boot" - that's a dang Newfie thing!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

1698708917973.png

I hope Lil lady sees that 😂

My ex sister-in-law spoke like that and she was from South Dakota 😂
NOOOOO!!!!!!! 🤣

I just went over this in a different thread. Someone had asked about "northern whitetail" body mass and I mentioned being from Saskatchewan and they said "that's so far north I bet the deer have an accent"

And I said "no no no, western Canada and the American Midwest/north states speak normal English, everyone else talks weird!" 🤣

But the point was, in my travels in the Montana and the dakotas, I haven't detected A HINT of difference (though some have pointed out that North Dakota has a stronger Scandinavian/Nordic background and Saskatchewan a Germanic/Eastern European immigrant history. I still can't detect much difference at this point)

Compared to my travels elsewhere in Canada, when I've been in those states if I didn't say I wasn't from there no one asked where I was from, it wasn't immediately clear that I wasn't local. Compare that to being in Vancouver, the east coast, and Quebec…I'm all those cases it was VERY clear I wasn't from there 🤣🤣🤣

😂😂😂
Well my accent is Deep South and straight up hillbilly mixed so I have a hard time understanding what they say 😂😂

For the longest time I couldn't understand why my sister-in-law always wanted me to beg, then I finally found out that she was talking about a bag😂
Of course she was also the one who when you cracked open a egg she wouldn't eat it if it had any white by the yoke, her rationale was that was what the roster left to fertilize the egg 😳 😂😂😂😂

Last edited:
I am married to one and her friends in the Ontario area talk like that. Of course they say I talk funny.
Happy Very Funny GIF by Disney Zootopia
A boot!
the only places I've heard people talk like that are indeed Southern Ontario and the maritime Atlantic provinces haha. I was just shocked to hear that someone from South Dakota talked like that!!! That's way too close to home 🤣

I hope Small Lady sees that 😂

My ex sister-in-law spoke like that and she was from South Dakota 😂

I live in the most western province of Canada, British Columbia, and nobody here says it like that 😜
When I visited Newfoundland, it was so difficult to understand them. Took me twice as long to do everything there, from renting a car, checking into a hotel, ordering food, because they talk slower than we do in the west, and then also having to decipher what they say. 🤣🤣🤣

I live in the most western province of Canada, British Columbia, and nobody here says it like that 😜
When I visited Newfoundland, it was so difficult to understand them. Took me twice as long to do everything there, from renting a car, checking into a hotel, ordering food, because they talk slower than we do in the west, and then also having to decipher what they say. 🤣🤣🤣
My Canadian spouse says that your statement is racist talking about newffies like that. LOL

Accents....mmm....I think y'all should watch the movie "Zorro the Gay Blade" with Geroge Hamilton, Lauren Hutton and Brenda Vaccaro. If you have seen it already, you should watch it again.

Anyone hear the joke about the only Newfie Spitfire pilot of WW2 and his epic fights in the battle of Britain......:)....

Last edited by a moderator:
My Canadian spouse says that your statement is racist talking about newffies like that. LOL
But it's true!

Of course, coastal bc (Vancouver and area) and southern Ontario talk too fast. All them highfalutin important urban people have so much important stuff they have to do they even talk like they're in a hurry 🤣