Buying a new Vehicle

So you don't think damaged piston rings or valve seals can allow oil into the combustion chamber where it's burned off?
I'll add that ive owned many many fords over the years and have had great luck with them. I've actually seen better reliability form my turbo engines than anything since the 90's 2.3 two plugs per cylinder ranger motor.
Second as to not be just to my experiences my uncle was a lead engineer at Dana specifically for engines.
He is who recommended the 3.( ecoboost to me a ir was one of the more impressive engines they tortured tested in a long time from ford.
Turbos are not the issue. If they were they would not be installed on every long haul truck and equipment all over the world.

No they can indeed. It was more the fact you eluded to the fact that it's because of turbo charged engine. You have a one off case based on one you had.
Your may indeed have those issues but that's not the normal.
I'm not the one who made the statement. While his statement shouldn't be used in the decision making process, it was neither dumb nor a "one off". 2018-2020 Eco Boost engines had well known defects that caused oil usage and it was acknowledged by dealers. Even resulted in a very large lawsuit against Ford. Those defects have since been corrected. The turbo was not always the problem. Calling another forum member "dumb" for their opinion is just plain........dumb.

If you have receipts for the recent maintenance/repair work, the insurance company may pay out more than they normally would. I'm in the Automotive repair industry and we've seen this quite a bit in recent past.
This. I also have USAA and keep maintenance records of my cars. I had two nice cars rear ended in Atlanta traffic and totaled. Submitted receipts for major items like tires and USAA gave me more for my "totaled" cars. Wife's car just got rear ended at a light and first question from USAA was if mileage exceeded 100,000 miles - seems like 100,000 miles = instant "total".

I'm not the one who made the statement. While his statement shouldn't be used in the decision making process, it was neither dumb nor a "one off". 2018-2020 Eco Boost engines had well known defects that caused oil usage and it was acknowledged by dealers. Even resulted in a very large lawsuit against Ford. Those defects have since been corrected. The turbo was not always the problem. Calling another forum member "dumb" for their opinion is just plain........dumb.
You were not indeed the person who posted that but I responded to you also because you implied that it was a serious issue. That specific issues was on the 2.7 ecoboost and it was a smaller number of vehicles than what you would think.
As for calling him dumb I did not. I said that post/ comment is dumb which it is.
Basically he posted that his one bad issues he had meant they were all junk.
With a sample size of 1 that is a dumb statement.
He may indeed be smart but doesn't change the fact. As many know I have stated dumb things a lot. But I am in fact dumb so that makes sense

That is a sweat deal
We bought a Kia Sportage. Cost $3K over the MSRP and then they wanted $985.00 for the key fobs. Been to a dozen Dealers. It was like the movie "Fargo" in the beginning with the car deals.
Will write up a post about the Hospital and the car dealers sometime soon when I cool down.
When I left the dealer, I felt like I was Raped (in a bad way) and Robed.

That is a sweat deal
We bought a Kia Sportage. Cost $3K over the MSRP and then they wanted $985.00 for the key fobs. Been to a dozen Dealers. It was like the movie "Fargo" in the beginning with the car deals.
Will write up a post about the Hospital and the car dealers sometime soon when I cool down.
When I left the dealer, I felt like I was Raped (in a bad way) and Robed.
How those bandits get away with thievery and false warranty claims is downright unjust and used to be a crime. I will never buy a vehicle from a Toyota dealer because of the lies I had to listen to from them, from the top warranty phone # in the owner's manual to the local dealer, all liars, every one.