Burris Eliminator III Scope Review

If it's 1/3 MOA, then that would be 1/3rd of 1.047" which would make the dot right at 0.35" rounded off at 100 yards. Twice that size at 200 yards, etc.

Please explain the benifits with the light moving up and down when changing power. Do you mean the POI light changes??????

So if I calculated right 1/3 moa light at 100 yds is .35", at 1000 yds is 3.5" not bad. Unless you want a head shot on a prairie dog ;even given that few rifles will shoot that well and few shooters as well at 1000yds.

Let me know if I calculated wrong.

Thanks
ODAVID

Reason the lighted aiming point changes when changing power is due to the fact that as you change power on the scope, then the subtension of the recticle changes. That means you now need a different aiming point at different power to hit the same spot at the same distance.

Can someone tell me the size of 1/3 MOA illuminated aiming dot is at 100 yds, 400yds, 750 yds and 1000 yds??

I think but not sure 100 yds is about 1inch, but not sure of the other values.

Thanks in advance
ODAVID

Approximately 1/3" per 100 yds. ~1/3" @ 100 yds., ~2/3" @ 200 yds., 1" @ 300 yds., etc... Also, depending on brightness, you may get an illumination halo around the dot, which may wash out the image in a slightly larger radius than 1/3 MOA (just a thought).

I shoot the Hornady, 6mm, 0.243", 75 grain, V-MAX bullet in a rifle chambered in the 243 Win cartridge. The Burris Cartridge List shows the parameters for this bullet at 3,330 feet per second (fps) muzzle velocity (MV). My handloads give me a MV of 3,483 fps which is 153 fps faster than 3,330 fps. What procedure would you use to determine the "DROP at 750 yards with 100 yard Zero" at this higher MV? Also, what procedure would you use to determine the "negative DROP / K Ft increase in altitude" at this higher MV?

Thanks for your assistance

Azeez

I shoot the Hornady, 6mm, 0.243", 75 grain, V-MAX bullet in a rifle chambered in the 243 Win cartridge. The Burris Cartridge List shows the parameters for this bullet at 3,330 feet per second (fps) muzzle velocity (MV). My handloads give me a MV of 3,483 fps which is 153 fps faster than 3,330 fps. What procedure would you use to determine the "DROP at 750 yards with 100 yard Zero" at this higher MV? Also, what procedure would you use to determine the "negative DROP / K Ft increase in altitude" at this higher MV?

Thanks for your assistance

Azeez

I will sight in at distances up to and including 750 yards at a location one mile west of Elliston, MT, and at 5,059 feet altitude.
The prairie dogs are located south of Winnett at 2,953 feet altitude.
There are other altitudes that I am interested in. That is the reason I am looking for the procedure that is used to determine the "DROP at 750 yards with 100 yard Zero". What is the name of the ballistics program you will use?
Sea Level BC for this bullet is 0.33. I am assuming that the "BC(+) Change / K Ft" of +.013 will be constant and the Muzzle Velocity may be any reasonable value. Is my assumption correct?

Thank You, THANK YOU for your assistance !!

You should be able to program MV's, and Altitudes into you scopes program. Once you establish you actual MV. your BC seems a little low to be shooting at 750 yards don't you think. I have not read the scope manual in some time but I seem to recall that after your program your scope they recommend actually shooting at 750 yds. You can then make final adjustments in the BC area.

Prairie dogs are fun aren't they!

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.