Bumpstocks banned

If Obama understood what a bump stock was, and the purpose it served on a semi-auto rifle, they would have never been allowed in the first place. The Government incompetence is not now outlawing them. It was allowing unrestricted manufacture and sale in the first place. No different than bubble gum.

Now I await all the Likes. Should be at least 119,264 on their way, based on the prior post.
If you understood what the legal definition of a machine gun is, then you would know that a bumpstock does NOT fall under that legal definition set-forth and agreed-upon by Congress.

I've said it 100 times, that I don't own one, never have, and never will... They're cheap plastic junk. But it's the principle of this thing that is setting forth a terrible precedent. If it was JUST banning bumpstocks in general, that's fine. But they're demanding confiscation and destruction of personal property without compensation, which is 100% ILLEGAL! Also, and maybe even more scary, they're redefining the LEGAL DEFINITION of what a machine gun is. And this is NOT ok. Because it leads down a very scary and slippery slope to full-on semi-auto ban and confiscation...You know, without compensation, representation, or the ATF's fear of reprimandation with the full-authority of the President behind them, because that's how we now do things here in America... :rolleyes:

Also, the BATFE is an ENFORCEMENT agency...They are not a judicial or law making authority. When you give them that power, that further infringes on the entire justice system that we have in place.

Last edited:
Looks like now its also a governing body, with more power than Congress, and unlimited enforcement privileges. Stew on that one for awhile.
And now, on a knee-jerk whim, the President can apparently redefine legal law already on the books, without Congressional approval... o_O

A BUNCH of gun orgs have already filed suit to the Supreme Court over this, and more will follow. I don't see the ban being upheld, as long as Gorsuch and Kavanaugh do their part.

If you understood what the legal definition of a machine gun is, then you would know that a bumpstock does NOT fall under that legal definition set-forth and agreed-upon by Congress.

I've said it 100 times, that I don't own one, never have, and never will... They're cheap plastic junk. But it's the principle of this thing that is setting forth a terrible precedent. If it was JUST banning bumpstocks in general, that's fine. But they're demanding confiscation and destruction of personal property without compensation, which is 100% ILLEGAL! Also, and maybe even more scary, they're redefining the LEGAL DEFINITION of what a machine gun is. And this is NOT ok. Because it leads down a very scary and slippery slope to full-on semi-auto ban and confiscation...You know, without compensation, representation, or the ATF's fear of reprimandation with the full-authority of the President behind them, because that's how we now do things here in America... :rolleyes:

Also, the BATFE is an ENFORCEMENT agency...They are not a judicial or law making authority. When you give them that power, that further infringes on the entire justice system that we have in place.
I am 100% with you Buddy. Thinking of running out and buying one just so I can turn it in and sue. On second thought, doubt I could get my money out of it

And now, on a knee-jerk whim, the President can apparently redefine legal law already on the books, without Congressional approval... o_O

A BUNCH of gun orgs have already filed suit to the Supreme Court over this, and more will follow. I don't see the ban being upheld, as long as Gorsuch and Kavanaugh do their part.

I generally stay out of these political discussions, especially when it comes the 2A. But this is what I'm most troubled about - our President is showing that he believes that he can unilaterally limit or deny an individual's constitutional rights. I wouldn't object to heavier regulation of bump stocks but it should be done through proper channels or it shouldn't be done at all. I hope this ban as conceived does not survive the scrutiny of the court system.

Unregulated to the same extent anyone could own a bump stock? Never said it was impossible. If that's the best counter, bump stocks are legally gone, forever and ever. Without regard to how you feel individually. Truth hurts...
what if the DOT and FBI got together and decided that automobiles are now considered "weapons of mass destruction" and they change the definition of an auto to be included in WMD? now everyone that owns a car is now a felon and they take them away without reimbursement? same thing as this bump stock deal weather you see it that way or not..and by the way I'm not a fan of them nor do I own one, but I do own several vehicles

ex:

Definition of WMD
Title 18 U.S.C. §2332a defines weapons of mass destruction (WMD) as:

• Any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas, including the following: a bomb; grenade; rocket having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than four ounces; missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce; mine; or device similar to any of the previously described devices;
  • Any weapons that is designed or intend to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors;
  • Any weapon involving a disease organism; and
  • Any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life.
  • Any mobile vehicle propelled by any source other than human powered that has two or more wheels

Up until now anyone could own a bumpstock. However, not all of those people could own an AR15 to install it on. A bumpstock is not a firearm. Think about it. I have no idea why I am defending the stupid things. Never had or wanted one.

I have thought about it. So has the NRA. Their combined knowledge, expertise, and judgement surpasses all of of personal opinions on this matter, including my own. Nothing but silence.... Mine opinion just happens to be in agreement with theirs.

Pick the winning fights that have real value. We wouldn't have legal access to 30+ round mags were it not for the NRA. Maybe they've learned something over the decades. I don't expect the NRA to join any lawsuit. Would be surprised. Anyone can file a lawsuit. Not everyone wins.

My bold prediction is bump stocks are forever gone, as a device that can be legally owned, without the same restrictions as full auto ownership. Good riddance...

I think the owners should receive some sort of reimbursement, if for no other reason, to incentivise surrender. And owners should also be provided with hankies, to ease the hurt. But I'm not dwelling on the minutia.

what if the DOT and FBI got together and decided that automobiles are now considered "weapons of mass destruction" and they change the definition of an auto to be included in WMD? now everyone that owns a car is now a felon and they take them away without reimbursement? same thing as this bump stock deal weather you see it that way or not..and by the way I'm not a fan of them nor do I own one, but I do own several vehicles

ex:

Definition of WMD
Title 18 U.S.C. §2332a defines weapons of mass destruction (WMD) as:

• Any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas, including the following: a bomb; grenade; rocket having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than four ounces; missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce; mine; or device similar to any of the previously described devices;
  • Any weapons that is designed or intend to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release, dissemination, or impact of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors;
  • Any weapon involving a disease organism; and
  • Any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life.
  • Any mobile vehicle propelled by any source other than human powered that has two or more wheels
Gibberish. These matters are resolved case by case. No merit to this one.

But your opinions are just as valid as mine, and every other member's opinion.

I have thought about it. So has the NRA. Their combined knowledge, expertise, and judgement surpasses all of of personal opinions on this matter, including my own. Nothing but silence.... Mine opinion just happens to be in agreement with theirs.

Pick the winning fights that have real value. We wouldn't have legal access to 30+ round mags were it not for the NRA. Maybe they've learned something over the decades. I don't expect the NRA to join any lawsuit. Would be surprised. Anyone can file a lawsuit. Not everyone wins.

My bold prediction is bump stocks are forever gone, as a device that can be legally owned, without the same restrictions as full auto ownership. Good riddance...

I think the owners should receive some sort of reimbursement, if for no other reason, to incentivise surrender. And owners should also be provided with hankies, to ease the hurt. But I'm not dwelling on the minutia.
I am totally with you on the bumpstocks. Wish they would have just made them class3 like they did years ago with auto sears and made some money. I feel they couldn't do that because of the definition of a machinegun in the first place. I wish the NRA had used their clout to get it pushed through congress. For the umteenth time I don't have any issue with getting rid of the stocks. It is only the way (Illegally) in my simple little mind that I have issue with and a problem with. In my mind this has absolutely nothing to do with firearms or a firearms accessory

Come to think of it, in 2020 hindsight, they should have given the destructive device designation they gave the street sweeper shotguns years ago. I think if they had gone that way no one would have said a word if folks had the option of paying the tax. AND I bet we wouldn't all be on the hook for Millions defending their actions in court. They have that authority. But, they wouldn't be setting a new precedent either. things that make you say HUUUMMMM. You can all bet your boattails they have lots of guys up there smarter than me, and already thought of this. Not a power grab, and nothing to see here so move along.

Last edited:

I didn't know this was a joke thread... But that's the best one I've ever heard! HAHAHAHA!!!

My personal opinion is more important that the NRA's. My personal inalienable and endowed RIGHTS are more important that what the NRA's opinion of them is. My rights are the same as your's as well. Think about that one. This "greater good" mentality is what has gotten majority of the world in deep ****. The whole "go along to get along" attitude is what caused Australians to lose their guns. The "greater good" thought process is what got the Brits and the French disarmed. The "greater good" thought train is what has led to sheeple embracing the EU and the UN and their plan to genocide whites with replacement migration.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.