Building a Bergara

Good point about the reticule size at low power. Some folks transitioning to FFP get surprised at how thin the crosshairs are at low power. Definitely can be an issue with dense vegetation. Be sure to look before you buy!

I also failed to mention that I am moving my meopta to my 6.5 Grendel. It will be the rifle my wife and kids will use to hunt. I need to buy a second scope anyway. So my thought was to buy a FFP, 50 mm, exposed turret scope.
56 mm......exposed turrets, FFP ! 5 x 25 or 5x 30.....One and done ...take you as far as you want to go!

This rifle will be duel purpose. Most shots are around 100 but you can some 300 yard scenarios. Is a 5x25 too much?
For 100-300, a 5-25 is overkill and is heavy. You barely need to dial (and you won't at all if you learn holdovers) for a 300 yard shot.

Regarding higher magnification in general, shooting very long range (by our standards, 1000-1500 yards) a 25 can be handy. But unless you have a high end scope with good glass, the moment conditions aren't perfect, the 25x is unusable. Any mirage, from ambient heat or your barrel, will make you reel the magnification back to 15-20.

In your shoes, since the scope you currently have is moving elsewhere, I would look at a quality 2-12 or 3-15 scope and a triggertech special trigger, and wait on the rest until you've played more with the gun.

This rifle will be duel purpose. Most shots are around 100 but you can some 300 yard scenarios. Is a 5x25 too much?
No such thing as too much...you can always turn it down....but you can't turn up....what you don't have! You never know when your situation will give you the opportunity to shoot much farther...so why not be ready! Arken EP5...499.00 ON SALE TILL CHRISTMAS ....can't go wrong my Lil Brother....

No such thing as too much...you can always turn it down....but you can't turn up....what you don't have! You never know when your situation will give you the opportunity to shoot much farther...so why not be ready! Arken EP5...499.00 ON SALE TILL CHRISTMAS ....can't go wrong my Lil Brother....
I saw that! Are they quality? I have flagged a few scopes on the classifieds thread.

I bought my first one a few months ago and was quite surprised at the optical clarity. These are 34mm tubes and large turrets. Time will tell how it holds up but mine is on a low recoiling rifle with a nice small dot for target shooting. The only odd part is the zero stop which is less precise than other brands.
For the price and being FFP, it seems to be a deal. They come in Mil and Moa so take your pick.

They are certainly worth the price...I know the price is low...but quality is excellent for the price and feature rich.... perfect for what you are starting with.... really
I found one of these on classifieds and was going to pick it up. Should I still go with the Arken?

I found one of these on classifieds and was going to pick it up. Should I still go with the Arken?

It's only me here... everyone has an opinion... mine...Brand new.. lifetime warranty...ALL..the options of scopes selling for 4 x the price..not worth 4 x for what you want...but it from Arken direct...but Son...it's just me! But I'm very certain you will not be DISAPPOINTED!

I know vortex have a diehard following, but I gave up on them a while back. I just sent too dang many in for repair. If you want that magnification level with something that won't break, I would look at a SWFA 5-20. They're one of the few non-nightforce scopes that pass most every torture test you could put them through. And substantially cheaper than the razor. Usually $1500, but they regularly go on sale for 700-800.

I don't know arken or have firsthand experience, so I can't tell you anything about those