Brian’s Idaho 6x6 Bull Elk

Brother, I'm 73 years old I've been hunting a bull like in Idaho for a lot of years. I live in N. Idaho and between the wolves and pressure from out of state hunters I had pretty much concluded that there weren't any big bulls left in the state. I guess I was wrong. Congrats! What part of Idaho did you have him tied up in?? Did he have any brothers?? ;)That is a nice bull. Awesome !!

Brother, I'm 73 years old I've been hunting a bull like in Idaho for a lot of years. I live in N. Idaho and between the wolves and pressure from out of state hunters I had pretty much concluded that there weren't any big bulls left in the state. I guess I was wrong. Congrats! What part of Idaho did you have him tied up in?? Did he have any brothers?? ;)That is a nice bull. Awesome !!
hey Taj, I am not far from you. I have lived my whole life (55+yrs) in Rathdrum and this is the closes I have came to a Bull like those to up here in the Panhandle, this bull was taken pre-Wolf introduction.
You are correct in that the Wolves and I think even more than the out of staters is all the "new residents " that are moving to the state and able to get over the counter tags.
I fear that pretty soon if Idaho keeps grow
IMG_0072(1).JPG
ing we will be on a draw for elk tags..
Those are some great Bulls for Idaho.

Palisades

We see three or four that big each year plus another dozen or more 5x5's and smaller.

There is only one Brutus. He's still out there. My son and I each had shots but independently decided to leave him in the gene pool.

hey Taj, I am not far from you. I have lived my whole life (55+yrs) in Rathdrum and this is the closes I have came to a Bull like those to up here in the Panhandle, this bull was taken pre-Wolf introduction.
You are correct in that the Wolves and I think even more than the out of staters is all the "new residents " that are moving to the state and able to get over the counter tags.
I fear that pretty soon if Idaho keeps growView attachment 543125ing we will be on a draw for elk tags..
Those are some great Bulls for Idaho.
That elk is amazing and I am telling you I'm going to find a picture because a friend of mine has a very similar looking bull to that. His was taken many years prior to the wolf problem here. He took that 7x7 and was kind enough to take me into where he found it. I was not able to find a good elk opportunity there but I have done him in a favor of whacking a wolf in there. We reside in Rathdrum as well. It's hard to breathe here but we're still here

You are right about that.

My son killed this one the year before last less than 100 yards from where Brian killed his.

300 WM. Hamer Hunter 199. Did the job.

View attachment 543049

This one taped the same as Brian's. Both are excellent trophies.

There are plenty of big bulls in Idaho. You need to know where to look. And we're not telling you where that is.

I don't really care about where you hunted……But, were'd ya park the truck? 😉😜 memtb

That elk is amazing and I am telling you I'm going to find a picture because a friend of mine has a very similar looking bull to that. His was taken many years prior to the wolf problem here. He took that 7x7 and was kind enough to take me into where he found it. I was not able to find a good elk opportunity there but I have done him in a favor of whacking a wolf in there. We reside in Rathdrum as well. It's hard to breathe here but we're still here
Yeah, it is a good bull but not nearly as big as the others posted here. Best part about it for me was that it was the first Elk I killed after going to traditional archery. Shot it with a recurve and homemade birch wooden arrow. And with the guy that got me hooked on trade bows.
mine is a 7x7 but Brian's bull above is sporting a lot more Inches in antler.

Brian, co-owner of Hammer Bullets, shot this awesome 6x6 Idaho Bull using the new tipped 160 Hammer HHT bullet. He was shooting a 6.8 Western. Brian said, "the shot was 150 yards. Bull went about 10 yards, I think because he was running, and slowed to a walk and walked in circles so I put a second one in him, not needed but just what we do if they are still on their feet. Bullet took off the top of the heart and exited."
Congratulations on an awesome Idaho Bull.
View attachment 503591

I'm curious as well, was it hunted on public land or private & was it a guided hunt? you don't have to reveal the location but would still like to know the answers to those 2 questions?