• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

"Brand New" Blaser R-8 Professional with 300 Win and (threaded) 375 H&H Barrels

How much would it cost to replace the plastic with some nice wood? Or can you even do that, or would it have to be custom?

It's easy to swap out the synthetic for a wood "sporter" stock or some aftermarket composite versions. However these synthetic stocks have a great feel with the softer inserts. They aren't at all the feel of a cheap plastic like a good number of our domestic companies put out. The Germans know what they're doing. They also have what is called a "Success" stock which is a very cool thumbhole style and that can be ordered in various synthetic, leather or wood versions. Prices are all over the board depending on how plain or fancy you want to get.

It's easy to swap out the synthetic for a wood "sporter" stock or some aftermarket composite versions. However these synthetic stocks have a great feel with the softer inserts. They aren't at all the feel of a cheap plastic like a good number of our domestic companies put out. The Germans know what they're doing. They also have what is called a "Success" stock which is a very cool thumbhole style and that can be ordered in various synthetic, leather or wood versions. Prices are all over the board depending on how plain or fancy you want to get.

Two rifles for the price of one decent custom and built with the tolerances of a fine Swiss watch.
You can't go wrong with a Blaser!

These are sweet always thought they would make a great brush/ dgr rifle and I'm sure they are a 1k yard rifle as well
Proof makes carbon blanks for them too!
GLWS

Lots of options for sure and nothing is quicker cycling when you need a quick follow up shot in the dangerous game situation.

That is an awesome package and a great price.
If there are any trades you might be looking for shoot me a PM. I am headed.to Africa in June and I have been working to get my rifles set up like I want. This one would be a great way to go.

That is an awesome package and a great price.
If there are any trades you might be looking for shoot me a PM. I am headed.to Africa in June and I have been working to get my rifles set up like I want. This one would be a great way to go.
You're right about this being a great way to go for Africa! The whole set up will fit in one of their 36" cases and is super easy to transport. Why don't we get on the phone and discuss if you don't mind, there's a lot of amazing features to share about these rifles if you've never been exposed to them. I'm headed back over myself in two weeks and wish I could take mine along for a decent safari this time, but not happening this year. Even the African hunters love these rifles, and they all shoot lights-out.
Thanks,
Gary
(417)860-5888

I'd really like to get this great Blaser set up sold before I leave for Africa the 12th of Sept.
Hit me up with offers and I'll see what I can live with!