Bias in the ELR Central reporting of the "World Record Event"?

• Thread starter Deleted member 46119
  • Start date
I thought your bias is fairly clear, I read the article and it was written just how things went down, the first guy on the first match is going on be interesting, the guy who surpasses that is interesting. The equipment is super interesting but the balance of the article was just about the event I saw nothing odd about it, your bias in the post if FAR more obvious than anything is the article!!

It somewhat amazes me all the chatter, some of which is good but so many are arguing over **** that doesn't matter. It's 2011 yards

As it stands the end result - Team Tubbs member Nate Statler finished the day with the official ELR record of 2011 yards

Paul and John tied in the morning at 1550 and Nate did 3 for 3 at 1768 as well. But Nate was the only to run 3 for 3 and at 2011 yards in the afternoon.

There you are
Cheers

If anything about that is interesting...... is John using a Remington 700 in 7mmSTW and a S.S. scope vs. a 35 lbs. barreled action, and a 400 gr. bullet!

Basically a sub-average hunting rifle vs. a full blown ELR rig, and John tied Paul at 1,500 yards using his basic equipment..... That deserves more attention in a lot of ways?

7mm's, spanking .375's near, and especially far??

Too soon?

Sorry, couldn't help it :)

Has Nate or any from Team Tubbs
been in any of the KO2M shoots.

How long between shots with same gun to be
considered cold bore shoot..ED

I don't recall Nate being there but I could be wrong, Yes Dave has competed in the KO2M, he used his 375-338 LM Improved with a rebated rim to use in a 700 action.

Ed they had a morning session and then a afternoon session I believe there was a mandatory 4 hour window in between the two events - per the rifle

Dan & Alan Warner have to be very proud with the 361 grain Warner Flat line taking both the morning title and then the upping the ante with the afternoon new distance of 2011 yards record.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy Dixon Rocked His Sharps!

Xray shoots his .338 Norma, regularly, at one measured mile without fanfare or audience.
Keeps him sharp . . .

morning, ELR is very biased towards there bullets and
remarks about the match that's business.
JF Seaman is right, in his opinion. ELR is biased that's business.
I Prefer Barnes, NAB, Winchester new technologies, sierra
and Lapua and I am biased. Just me GBOT TUM

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts