ELR CENTRAL WORLD RECORD EVENT

Lets say AB gets the record at the upcoming event which in all likelihood they will.
That does not look good anyway you look at it.
They have their own interests at stake. That gets in the way even with best intentions.
@JeffVN and @DocUSMCRetired ,

Here in lies the problem with such close connection between A.B. and ELR Centeral.

There will still be competing organizations such as URSA and @Alex Wheeler's thing. One steel based. The other paper based. Those folks already have credentials. URSA has been operating for almost 3 years. I know of nothing other than one offs during that time frame.

Just what is ELR Central bringing to the table and what is up with these special 53 people. Are they staying around as an oversight group?

Believe it or not I want ELR C to succeed. They have a little time to fix the credibility problems outlined in previous posts. We will see what happens. Hopefully they do the right thing.

Me too, I have not followed it from its start because the format did not appeal to me. So I am not up on all the credibility stuff. I do know if someone does something for the love of it, it will succeed, if they are thinking about $$$ its doomed to fail. We all want to play a game because we like the game, if the game only exists for someone to cash in its not much of a game.

I "think" if at issue is what "world record/champion" means. If it evolves into something like boxing that's going to be ridiculous, although there may be merit in "range records".

I believe it's more important to get started-address the issues on the fly, and see what fears are founded, which aren't. Somebody picking the ball up and moving at this time is better than debate over what play to call.

While it's more semantics to me than substance, the "world record" is probably better dropped, and replaced with "ELR Central record".

The type of shoot makes records harder to claim. Not as simple as a group at a certain distance. However this is pretty close to being legit, heres why. I contacted the guys behind this and asked if I could hold a match under their set of rules. They said I could and would even post it on their site. So that means anyone can get a match sanctioned and hold a match under this elr central set of rules and compete to break the record. So at that point I do feel it qualifies as a world record. If they said no, only we can hold these matches then it would be a club record in my opinion.

Hopefully we will hear some positive news from the upcoming meetings at shot show.

Docs non responses does not make it look good though

Hopefully we will hear some positive news from the upcoming meetings at shot show.

Docs non responses does not make it look good though

I think after a faux pas, he is laying low until there is something good to outshine an oops.

No oops here or any issues at all. Things are lining up quite nicely, and we will have more announcements to come. I am going to let the results speak for themselves. The SHOT Show meeting is all setup with a time and location. The event itself is rolling along smoothly so far. With lots of interest etc. It is a very busy week, and next week is no exception. Preparing to be out of the office for 8+ days, plus preparing to attend a World Record Setting Event is no easy task. My advice would simply be to follow along and a lot of questions will be answered in due time as everyone begins to see the results, acknowledgements, and more get posted.

Lifted this from David Tubb's facebook,

Congratulations to my son-in-law, Nate; today He won the ELR Central World Record competition. This competition allows two separate attempts (spaced 4 hours apart) and consists of 3 (cold bore )shots each time. He took 3 shots and had 3 hits at 1768 yards in the morning and then beat his own record in the afternoon with 3 shots and 3 hits at 2011 yds after the wind had become trickier. Nate uses the new Tubb Adaptive Target Rifle (Tubb gun) with a Dynamic Targeting Reticle and Tubb T7T two stage trigger. He is shooting a .375 Cheytac with a 364gr Warner flatline bullet that has a patent pending Nose Ring modification in a Schneider 7 twist barrel.
More to follow.

Well, the 3 for 3 rule was enough to get me and a few other Montana 1k BR shooters interested. The rules still should be tweaked IMO, but the 3 for 3 brings accuracy to the game. I had no interest in the "keep lobbing rounds until you hit" game that was happening.
Yes!!!
Cold bore!!
Another competition where the rules makes it interesting. I personally need that challenge or else I would be quickly bored with shooting.

I'm just amazed at the gentleman with the SWFA fixed scope and a hunting rifle making a 1500 yard cold bore shot and then two more consecutively. Must have been a awesome sight seeing that rifle next to some rifles that cost as much as my truck.

Yes!!!
Cold bore!!
Another competition where the rules makes it interesting. I personally need that challenge or else I would be quickly bored with shooting.

I'm just amazed at the gentleman with the SWFA fixed scope and a hunting rifle making a 1500 yard cold bore shot and then two more consecutively. Must have been a awesome sight seeing that rifle next to some rifles that cost as much as my truck.

The rules make it more of a shooters game. A 36" square target is pretty large, you dont need to most accurate rifle on the line but yo do have to know your dope and wind calls.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.