Best hoyt model for the $ ?

LkHntr

Hello
After not hunting with bow for 10 yrs I want to get back into it, which hoyt model is considered best bow for the money? 28-29" draw at 70# lefthanded
Thanks

Hello
After not hunting with bow for 10 yrs I want to get back into it, which hoyt model is considered best bow for the money? 28-29" draw at 70# lefthanded
Thanks
Have shot 3 different bows through more than 20 years of bowhunting. I have been shooting the carbon RX since it came out in 3 different models and for me, my style, and needs...it would be hard to get me to shoot something else

Hello
Thanks
Well you've been out of it for a little bit.....I've have 7-8 Mathews, a couple Elites and 2-3 Hoyts over the last 20-25 years. I had been shooting Mathews quite awhile as we were sponsored but when that ran out grabbed and shot my Monster 6 for a few seasons before I bought the RX3 a few years back. At this point. I wouldn't limit myself to a Hoyt. Got shoot a few brands and a few models within the brands. Things have changed just a little and you may end up with a Mathews.

Hello
Thanks
Haven't hunted with a new bow in a few years. I'm still using my Hoyt carbon element!
095CC3BF-B1E1-4413-894D-59C14582CEC4.jpeg

I agree with Dukeharley, Things have changed in the last 3 years and I wouldn't limit myself. I started shooting Mathews and have had 3 of them and then I started shooting Hoyt and bought 2 of them and was going to update to the new RX5 and after talking to my local pro, he told me to try the PSE Mach 1, I told him I couldn't because I would have to eat to much crow, well I will have to admit that crow has never tasted so good. I still have a Hoyt Spyder Turbo Carbon for a backup bow, but I would recommend taking a couple of hours and go to your local Pro shop and give several a try.

I haven't shot a bow in 10 years either. My advice is to drop poundage on your new bow to save the west and tear on your shoulder. No matter the manufacturer, all bows are more efficient than 10 years ago and 60 lbs will suffice for all NA game animals.

I'm a Hoyt fan from top to bottom but have owned several Mathews as well over the years, hell my first bow was a Mathews.

The new hoyts are mind boggling with how sweet they are to shoot. I'd say in the past 3-5 years they have really been amazing. The part I don't care for is the price tags. But hey buy once cry once. I'm still shooting my 2007 Hoyt as my primary because I love it so much.

Hello
Thanks
Archery is not my hunting go to method. So, I just use a old Jennings buckmaster and Barnett X bow. Left hand. Nothing high tech but they work for me. Gets me onto property that is archery only.

I agree with Dukeharley, Things have changed in the last 3 years and I wouldn't limit myself. I started shooting Mathews and have had 3 of them and then I started shooting Hoyt and bought 2 of them and was going to update to the new RX5 and after talking to my local pro, he told me to try the PSE Mach 1, I told him I couldn't because I would have to eat to much crow, well I will have to admit that crow has never tasted so good. I still have a Hoyt Spyder Turbo Carbon for a backup bow, but I would recommend taking a couple of hours and go to your local Pro shop and give several a try.
I started my bowhunting with a few PSEs. Had an Inferno Maxis, then a G Force(that dates me). Then went to the Mathews MQ32 from there.

Like others have said, maybe try a few different bows. I'm pretty stuck on Mathews but if I were buying a new bow I'd check out some others. Hoyts always looked like a person would get all tangled up in them.:)
Lol that's what I am trying to stay away from (getting tangled up) 🙃 with so many models out, it looked abit overwhelming 😅 but I just bought a hoyt powermax on ebay...(cheap) I'm excited to try it out and have something to compare others too as I search for the setup that fits me best!
Thanks for all the advice. You all are my best Family!

If you are at the long end of the Hoyt cam range then for sure look at them, they make a super nice bow. If you aren't in the end of the draw length range for the cam I think you can do better than Hoyt, depending on the bow I draw 27.5 to 28.5 and that is a terrible spot in the Hoyt cams last time I looked. Hoyt cams will lose more speed per inch of draw length shortening than a LOT of other current bows and it can be a big difference. PSE and BowTech have much more linear cams and are probably the best in the business I think., Darton as well has really good cams. Elite is another one to look at. Shoot everything you can and chrono at least one shot from all of them while you do, something will speak to you and you will know it is the one.

I have one for sale - this is a Redwrx 3 that I have had hanging up and not used in a while. Put a new string on it in Aug of last year and hunted a few times with it...hate to let it go but if someone needs a great bow to get them to the next level, I am willing to part with it - will include the timed ripcord rest too
Currently set at 28" Draw - adjustable out to 31"
72 lbs - can go up to 74 and down to about 61
New String and cables last year
Nearly flawless - always maintained well - a few wear marks but no major flaws

First 1150 gets it shipped to you in the lower 48

Attachments

• IMG_5482.jpg
    IMG_5482.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5484.jpg
    IMG_5484.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 62