Best AR-15

A savage will shoot with many custom rifles, so does that make them as good? Depends on who you ask.

For me "High End" starts with Milled receivers, not forged.

I guess there are many definitions of best !

To me its ,,,,,reliability accuracy durability !

(((($1,500 will get you into the lower end of the better manufactures. Noveske, Larue, LWRCI, JP, Les Baer, knights, LMT ))))

Let me just say $1500 lower grade in these,,,, is certainly no better than upper end Daniel Defense & Colt Competition models made by Bold Ideas, TX !

Just curious what you feel makes one AR superior then another?

Function?
Accuracy?
Looks?

(((($1,500 will get you into the lower end of the better manufactures. Noveske, Larue, LWRCI, JP, Les Baer, knights, LMT ))))

Let me just say $1500 lower grade in these,,,, is certainly no better than upper end Daniel Defense & Colt Competition models made by Bold Ideas, TX !

Beg to differ... Shot a lot of AR's and M4's... While they all may function similarly, their are big differences in accuracy, consistency, fitment, and parts quality. The upper-end AR's ($1,500+) are much nicer and have much better barrels in them, and much higher quality parts, and are usually hand-assembled and hand-fitted.

I've shot a lot of cheap crappy ones, none of them were my own. All of my personal M4's and M6's are high-end.

A savage will shoot with many custom rifles, so does that make them as good? Depends on who you ask.

For me "High End" starts with Milled receivers, not forged.

Kinda Like a brick sh&t house VS a steel sh&t house ?

We are talking ARs not bolt guns,,,, as this link shows bolt guns......

Just an example of.price does not always mean the best

Vltor mur and dpms low pro are some of.the best upper recievers you can get for a precision AR upper and they are both forged.

Just curious what you feel makes one AR superior then another?

Function?
Accuracy?
Looks?

I am just saying , the ddm4V5 tornado is set up the way i think is best, for me.....
And has ,,,,,reliability accuracy durability !
And if SHTF its the one AR out of the 15 i own, that i would be grabbing.....

I am just saying , the ddm4V5 tornado is set up the way i think is best, for me.....
And has ,,,,,reliability accuracy durability !
And if SHTF its the one AR out of the 15 i own, that i would be grabbing.....

now that is the real answer. what is right (best) for me.

different strokes for different folks

Just an example of.price does not always mean the best

Vltor mur and dpms low pro are some of.the best upper recievers you can get for a precision AR upper and they are both forged.

So are the Rainier Arms uppers/lowers and other parts. Used almost exclusively Rainier Arms parts for my last 3 uppers.

So are the Rainier Arms uppers/lowers and other parts. Used almost exclusively Rainier Arms parts for my last 3 uppers.

Rainiers sells my favorite billet upper & lower reciever. CMT Tactical. Bought my last mur from them. Just like those ultramatch barrels are shilen. Rainers sells good.stuff.

Rainiers sells my favorite billet upper & lower reciever. CMT Tactical. Bought my last mur from them. Just like those ultramatch barrels are shilen. Rainers sells good.stuff.

Yep, I've got 2 Rainier barrels (14.5" 1:7 5.56 / 16" 5R Polygonal 1:8.5 .300 BLK), and 1 Satern (of the 3 uppers I built) that's a 24" 5R 1:8 6.5 Grendel II. My LWRC has an LWRC CHF 5.56 1:7 barrel on it. For a carbine-length upper with an EOTech, that thing is a tack-driver. My 2 Rainier barrels are insanely accurate, as well (like you said, Shilen blanks). The Satern (my 6.5 Grendel) hasn't been shot enough to get it dialed-in yet, so I can't give a report on it, but it shows promise. I was originally going to buy a Rainier Ultramatch 22" 6.5G barrel, but they were sold out, and now it's not even showing on their website. BUT! The cool thing I love about Rainier is their customer service. I called the guys and asked them about it not being in stock, and he said they could custom order me one in ANY length, contour, and finish that I wanted and could have it in a few weeks... So, down the road, I might upgrade the Grendel to a new custom 20" heavy (.930") 1:8 GII chambered Rainier barrel. :cool:

Hello,

There really is no such thing as "Best"..especially once a price stipulation has been put onto the item.
What is "Best" for me is more than likely not the "Best" for you; and Vice Versa.
When someone ask about "What is the best" they are leaving out a whole ship load of information needed for someone to even offer their opinions as to what item might be best for them.
Most of the time information such as below really should be listed in their post seeking "Best":
1. Experience of the user with such item (Do you understand the difference in traditional charging handle vs side charging handle and the mechanics of using them, Do you know if you need adjustable gas block or not, etc etc)
2. Actual intended use of the item (Range gun, truck gun, home gun, varmint gun, etc)
3. Theoretical use of the item (SHTF, Zombie Apocalypse, etc)
4. Usage of the item (100 rounds a month or 3000 rounds a month)
5. What features are a must have and what features are optional (Standard charging handle or extended ambi style charging handle, adjustable gas block for suppressed vs non suppressed usage, 7 twist required or 9 twist ok for intended ammo usage, adjustable LOP stock or fixed, etc etc)
6. The real reason "why" they are even interested in item would be helpful too (Is it really to just say you have xyz brand, is it to have "just in case", is it something you have a need for or something you have a want for, etc etc)

For example...For "ME" best AR is either Warsport or Grey Ghost. Simple reason why is because I do not like purchasing something then have to tweak it to fit my needs and both these manufacturers supply me a rifle that puts bullets where I need them, puts features I use but without features I do not use. Which even further complicates the "Best" question....My needs may differ from your needs.

THEIS

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.