Best AR-15

Jsmith410

I have a buddy who is looking for an awesome AR-15 with the works. It needs to be dependable and he wants something that looks good. What company/model do you recommend? I am more of a bolt action guy. His budget is $1500. He wants something with a full keymod and a 16" barrel.

Thanks,
Josh

You ain't gonna buy the best AR15 for $1,500... Double that, and he can buy the best.

But the best for $1,500...I would say the new LWRC DI model. https://www.lwrci.com/p-839-lwrci-di.aspx

If he wants to raise his budget some, I highly recommend the LWRC M6A2 or IC line of rifles. I've had my M6A1 since 2009... Accurate and reliable is an understatement. It's a tack-driver, and I've only cleaned it maybe 3 times, and shot a couple thousand rounds through it, a lot of which is cheap steel-cased Wolf and Tula. No problems.

https://www.lwrci.com

What is he going to use it for? I've had several - Remington, S&W, Colt, Bushmaster, Ruger. I've never had an issue with any of them, zero. All I've upgraded were triggers and some furniture here and there. Remington shoots tiny little groups and I use it for coyote hunting, set up with a Vortex Viper and have killed several in the 300-400 yard range. The others are set up for closer ranges with red-dots and such. If you are just going to shoot crap ammo any AR will do and you can set up and upgrade as you see fit. AR-15.com will give him some good ideas from guys who live for the black rifle.

He is looking more for a home defense plinking tactical setup instead of a hunting rifle. I have had a couple RRA, Stag, and DD. All have been good rifles.

$1,500 will get you into the lower end of the better manufactures. Noveske, Larue, LWRCI, JP, Les Baer, knights, LMT ( I know I'm missing a few). A step down to service grade would be Colt, RRA, Stag, DD, S&W, Bushmaster, etc.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them though. I have owned something from most of the above listed makers and favor Larue and Noveske.

The one I had the most problems with was a Colt 6920, which is suppose to be the most reliable one around.

$1,500 will get you into the lower end of the better manufactures. Noveske, Larue, LWRCI, JP, Les Baer, knights, LMT ( I know I'm missing a few). A step down to service grade would be Colt, RRA, Stag, DD, S&W, Bushmaster, etc.

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them though. I have owned something from most of the above listed makers and favor Larue and Noveske.

The one I had the most problems with was a Colt 6920, which is suppose to be the most reliable one around.

Rainier Arms, Spikes, BCM, Seekins, F1, MEGA, and others... Are all also top-tier brands I forgot to mention in my first post.

Daniel Defense DDm4V5 Gray Cerakote Finish .
IMHO they have the best furniture set up .

Pluses over most other Manufacturers.

Comes with plastic hard case!
Mid length gas system.
Gray Cerakoting.
Ambidextrous safety.
Quick adjust/removal forward pistol grip with storage.
Soft Touch Overmolding on cheek weld, hand grip, and forward pistol grip.
RAIL PANELS: Daniel Defense Rail Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.

https://danieldefense.com/firearms/daniel-defense-m4-carbine-v5-tornado.html

in my opinion, for a complete gun, BCM is pretty good stuff. i dont own one, i built all my AR's from parts i sourced. the BCM stuff i use is always top notch.

plus one for the Daniel Defense. Great product. Mine very reliable. Started with a lightweight version for carrying around the mountains, then bought an extra upper with 20" heavier barrel for varmint hunting - both very accurate. They shoot well suppressed too, and some ARs can be finicky about that.

Totally depends.on what you want it for

SHTF

Just to look tacticool

Just plinking

Long.range.targets

Three gun, PRS competition

Hunting

All are different

(((($1,500 will get you into the lower end of the better manufactures. Noveske, Larue, LWRCI, JP, Les Baer, knights, LMT ))))

Let me just say $1500 lower grade in these,,,, is certainly no better than upper end Daniel Defense & Colt Competition models made by Bold Ideas, TX !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.