Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Already have the perfect rig setup for this bullet. 7mm/338 Norma mag improved. 284 THOR.
It will be a hammer(thor) with it!!!!

Awesome !

I've got mine going too , just got my reamer for my version of a 7mm/338 Norma Imp. that I tweaked, I went with a 37 degree shoulder and a .327" neck for a case h2o capacity of 107.7 gr,
went with the name "7mm Long Range Hunter" (7mm LRH) ....
we're gonna have to share some load data !!!
I have 500 pcs of the 180 Berger Hybrids that I'm gonna work with initially and apparently I should be getting my 195 & 208 gr W3PS Tac bullets in January ,
also went ahead with the 8mm LRH as an additional barrel for the rifle !

Hey Mr. Stecker ! when can we expect some 195's from y'all ? If Berger has some available to test I'd be glad to buy a couple boxes for testing purposes, have two 30" 8 twist X-Caliber barrels getting threaded and chambered, rifle should be good to go in a couple weeks !

also... have the Berger think tank give us some 250 gr 8mm Hybrids , OK !
just use your 250 gr 338 cal. bullets run through a .323" squeezer .....

Awesome !

I've got mine going too , just got my reamer for my version of a 7mm/338 Norma Imp. that I tweaked, I went with a 37 degree shoulder and a .327" neck for a case h2o capacity of 107.7 gr,
went with the name "7mm Long Range Hunter" (7mm LRH) ....
we're gonna have to share some load data !!!
I have 500 pcs of the 180 Berger Hybrids that I'm gonna work with initially and apparently I should be getting my 195 & 208 gr W3PS Tac bullets in January ,
also went ahead with the 8mm LRH as an additional barrel for the rifle !

Hey Mr. Stecker ! when can we expect some 195's from y'all ? If Berger has some available to test I'd be glad to buy a couple boxes for testing purposes, have two 30" 8 twist X-Caliber barrels getting threaded and chambered, rifle should be good to go in a couple weeks !

also... have the Berger think tank give us some 250 gr 8mm Hybrids , OK !
just use your 250 gr 338 cal. bullets run through a .323" squeezer .....
I would order one of my 8mm wildcat reamers and build a rifle around it, just because. If they did.

Gentlemen,

Sorry for the late response. I assumed most knew already, but some time ago I have been asked not to advertise my products on this site. So as much as I would love to bring updates here, I cannot.

Please feel free to reach me directly, as my product lines are not able to be here.

Thanks again.

Bob, it's good to see you back on here. That sucks about the advertising situation... Especially since it involves important updates alot of us are interested in.

I will be sending you a PM directly.

Hello MR. Beck

Could it be ? Are we finally going to see the 195 !
Truth be told the 180 Bergers are more bullet than most of us will ever need or know how to use properly , but that doesn't stop us from demanding more performance, take these 7mm/338 Norma Mag Improved variants we are building for this mythical bullet ! more performance than we probably need but NICE TO HAVE !!

I'm all for it though, improvements in shooting and hunting gear is my passion and I look forward to cool new stuff ! especially bullets ! I developed my 7mm/Norma a few years ago specifically for the 195 but shelved the project and went with the 6.5 Prometheus instead simply because of the 6.5mm 160 gr Matrix VLD bullets availability, since that time several other 7mm-Norma wildcats have been developed and I felt compelled to ressurect my 'cat, it felt right and I hope we will see this 195 come forth, I suppose it will be much like the 230 gr 30 cal Berger bullet, most won't ever need it but feel good knowing it is there and available , the ones that use it properly are grinning uncontrollably !

Pro, I was told by Berger a while back that the 195 EOL has an estimated average G1 BC of .794, and a G7 BC of .406.

That's insane... These things will be gamechangers for us 7mm enthusiests.

Pro, I was told by Berger a while back that the 195 EOL has an estimated average G1 BC of .794, and a G7 BC of .406.

That's insane... These things will be gamechangers for us 7mm enthusiests.

It's very neat. But there's only so much you can do in a market like this. They're huffing and puffing to get the bullets to distributors.

It's very neat. But there's only so much you can do in a market like this. They're huffing and puffing to get the bullets to distributors.
Yeah, soooooo, what's you point? It's not like anyone said it was gonna be available tomorrow... Most of us are just patiently waiting.

True enough; some of us are not so patiently waiting.

I have a couple of 7mm 8.0 twist Kreiger barrel blanks gathering dust in my garage. Out of sight out of mind until the time comes....

JeffVN

I agree with Jeff. I'm chomping at the bit for a heavy 7mm that will handle the speed I wanna push it. Hopefully I'm not waiting on these Bergers to only find out they won't take anything at 3400 or above. I'm not dumping money in a big 7mm until some good heavy bullets come about.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.