ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

my last one took eight months and a week or two. you have to remember that where they do the work is in washington state, I think seattle.
I believe the ATF office that approves suppressors is located in WV, at least they were when I got mine. I've also been told that there is no real organization to how they process the applications once they receive them. It's not based on the date they are received but rather when they get to them so one application can be "on top of the pile" because they just got it but the application that is already a year old is buried. I have no idea if that is true or not.
I do have 2 suppressors that I received before covid and both took a year to get stamps for. These were purchased 2 years apart so really nothing has changed IMO. I also picture some federal employees that really don't gives a rat's *** about you, your suppressor or stamp sitting there drudging through applications. They won't get reprimanded for doing a bad job and have a guaranteed salary and pension. You waiting 4 months or 2 years makes no difference to them.

I wonder what the Meaning of the 2nd Amendment TRULY MEANS? Shall MAKE NO LAW? Does that mean anything? If by my poorly educated standards does any un Elected *** have the power to (hold) delay or Slow walk anything? To me, it's a Stretch to have to APPLY FOR ANYTHING FROM THIS GOVERNMENT! Again, any City regulation, County regulation, State regulations/Law, and EVERY FEDERAL, LAW/REGULATIONS AreUnLAWFUL BUT, I do understand the want to stay within set laws. Even if I find them to be unconstitutiona!
Want them? Own them!

I have learned that once they get elected; their hardest job is...Getting re-elected! I have contacted my state rep and senator several times with absolutely no help. I have , on the other hand, received three letters and a CHRISTmas card from President Trump! I know ; he dictated them and they are rubber stamped. But still, He did read my letters and his referred to them.
As for the AFTE; they should be doing other "stuff" and leave us alone! The only reason we have this nonsense if because game wardens didn't want poachers to have them! That was a crazy idea. Now the ATFE is so over burdened with applications they can't keep up and probably aren't doing their "real" jobs. Those two are alcohol and tobacco violations. And we still that???

I want to gather some data on wait times. Please list your wait times, State of application, and if you are veteran of the US Military. After talking with many vet buddies, it seems like vets have longer wait times than non vets. Not sure if a coincidence or stumbled on something that should be noted.

My status- Colorado application, Veteran and currently at 306 days waiting for a stamp on a Efile form 4 (individual)

thanks for the data
I know that since I got a security clearance (when I was in the army) I was always 3-day waited when just buying guns. Maybe that has something to do with it, I'm not sure. I've since got a concealed carry license to stop the wait times. Looking at buying a suppressor in the next few weeks, I need to do more research first. Hopefully it doesn't take too long because I'm a veteran. It always seemed backwards to me, seeing as how I had a TS-SCI and had been heavily vetted by the government, but I was getting wait times to buy guns.

Last edited:
I know that since I got a security clearance (when I was in the army) I was always 3-day waited when just buying guns. Maybe that has something to do with it, I'm not sure. I've since got a concealed carry license to stop the wait times. Looking at buying a suppressor in the next few weeks, I need to do more research first. Hopefully it doesn't take too long because I'm a veteran. It always seems backwards to me, seeing as how I had a TS-SCI and had been heavily vetted by the government, but I was getting wait times to buy guns.

I just got my second. Took 8 months, same resume as you, doesn't make a difference.

I finally got my cans out of jail. I bought 2 the same day and put them in a trust. The first can took 366 days and the second can took 367 days. It's my first time buying a suppressor and I did it through the silencer Shop at my LGS.

I'm still waiting for my two 😕. One from 6/of 23 and the other 8/ of 23 . One is a silencerco harvester Evo and the other is a omega 300 . I was at my lgs over the weekend and got my hands on a scythe and now I want one. Wish it was out when I got these two . Looks like I'll need another can in the very near future.