ATF sure taking their good sweet time!

So after calling the atf line . I got status updates on my two cans one submitted 6/13/23 and the second on 8/22/23 . They come up as delayed ? Any ideas? Not my first go at this my last two were 8 months . I've also got a ccw permit and have never had trouble with this stuff before.
I am in the same boat. I have a TBAC Ultra 7 submitted 3/8/23 and another Razor 4/19/23. Called Friday and they are delayed as well. The lady said FBI Delayed NTN. After digging around the internet I decided to call the FBI NICS Division and was told not to worry just that the ATF dumped a bunch applications on them at once (I think she said like 6,000). So they are scrambling trying to go through them. She said they had authorized overtime and additional people to get through them as quickly as possible. Hopefully won't be too long. I was worried about it being denied for whatever reason and having to go back through the process again. The ATF website shows 190,840 pending Form 4's as of 2/12/24

What a pile of you know what. There isn't any real reason for this to start with. The people that aren't allowed to have anything in the way of a firearm don't care what the law states, nor follows the law. it should be a I believe the form 4473 filed out and phoned in. Approved and go on your marry way. I think that congress watches to many movies.

I can literally watch people do drugs on the street here. There was a drive by shooting just outside our worksite last summer. But I have to wait more then a year for hearing protection to be approved by the government

I don't understand all the extra that goes into the background check prints pics etc. suppressor on its own ain't gonna hurt anybody. If a check is needed I would think to use the same as buying a gun. Then walk out same day. The wait doesn't make sense.

I don't understand all the extra that goes into the background check prints pics etc. suppressor on its own ain't gonna hurt anybody. If a check is needed I would think to use the same as buying a gun. Then walk out same day. The wait doesn't make sense.
Agree, but it's all about the revenue from the "stamp". Tax Tax Tax.

The national budget deficit is 34 TRILLION dollars. I am pretty certain they don't care about the revenue from the $200 tax stamp.
They'd probably make half that up this year if they kept the $200 fee in place but sold suppressors over the counter with a standard 4473 background check 🤣

Unfortunately, I'm not sure they care about the national deficit, either 😳

Agree, but it's all about the revenue from the "stamp". Tax Tax Tax.

The national budget deficit is 34 TRILLION dollars. I am pretty certain they don't care about the revenue from the $200 tax stamp.

Don't give them any ideas about increasing it. If they mark it to inflation since 1934 it will be thousands of dollars per stamp.

Well maybe we can get it change after the election. If a red wave comes along. 🤣 We can do a continue write in and get them off the post they are sitting on.