Arken releases 'lighter weight' 30mm tube options

I needed a scope for LR on my 22LR and ultimately ended up with an SH4 (6-24). As with all scopes it's not perfect. Last week I shot my 308 with a Gen 1 Vortex PST for the first time since putting the Arken on the 22. Image quality is maybe a little better on the Arken. I like the finer reticle on the Arken for precision. Downside is weight on the SH4 but for my purpose it's actually a benefit.

The only real complaint I have is the zero stop. I like to have a mil or two below zero which is not doable with the Arken. I can get 0.2 or 0.3 mils under just by not screwing the setscrew down all the way.

If these scopes hold up Arken is going to set a new standard for affordable scopes.

They say they are 50BMG rated and are rated for the large piston style air rifles used for hunting. The optics are not the same quality as the Viper HSLR. In my HSLR the edge to edge clarity is better and its better for low light. The reticle is much finer in the Arken SH4 and its FFP. Its a good trade off but for hunting I would take the HSLR at lower light. For quick follow up shots or good light conditions the Arken will be much nicer being FFP and the Christmas tree reticle. I have placed an order for one of the LW ELP4 4x16X44. I will compare it to the HSLR for clarity. If its just as clear optically speaking and being 4x16 I hope I can set the focusing eyepiece once and be done, instead of having to adjust it as the power increases for maximum clarity. My vortex HSLR 4x16x50 was a one and done. I only had to adjust the parallax after that when changing power settings. My SH4 I had to fiddle between the eye focus and the parallax when I got above 15 or higher power to get the best crisp picture. So I'm hoping that is just a draw back of having the higher magnification..

Right now the price of the SH4 is hard to beat and they are FFP. Also another cheap option; I was watching Mark and Sam after work shooting a 6.5Creed that was there budget build rifle. It was sporting an Sightron S-Tac 4x20x50. No zero stop but if they are using it for long range shooting then I think its a scope they have researched, and know it will preform. I never seen them have anything that wasn't something they thought wouldn't be acceptable or iffy. It doesn't have a zero stop but it has enough magnification and it has 80MOA internal adjustment with a 30mm tube. I'm pretty sure this is the correct model that they were using listed below. I think Camera land had them on sale last week so they may still be on sale. Arken has the SH4 on sale also. Even though they are a heavy weight I may pick up a 4X16x50. Currently 289.00. At that price I won't complain if I need to adjust the eye focus a little bit at different powers and its FFP with a zero stop. What's not to like at 289.00 bones.

Just got my ELP4 in the mail. Looks good and very light. Turrets are smaller but all seem the same as my EP5. See attached pics: ELP4 compared to EP5 and ELP4 compared to my Nightforce. Haven't mounted to shoot it yet but so far so good!

Attachments

• 236E73A8-AEE3-4D89-B2FE-93711C6572EC.jpeg
    236E73A8-AEE3-4D89-B2FE-93711C6572EC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
  • 907F05F3-0B89-4103-9B04-CA672EE2C288.jpeg
    907F05F3-0B89-4103-9B04-CA672EE2C288.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 232
  • 80064E0C-A99C-4625-915D-FFF39F38C8AD.jpeg
    80064E0C-A99C-4625-915D-FFF39F38C8AD.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 232
Just got my ELP4 in the mail. Looks good and very light. Turrets are smaller but all seem the same as my EP5. See attached pics: ELP4 compared to EP5 and ELP4 compared to my Nightforce. Haven't mounted to shoot it yet but so far so good!
Thanks for posting, it's been right at 5 weeks now for me, so congratulations! How long did your wait time end up being in the end?