Arken releases 'lighter weight' 30mm tube options

A video of how audible the clicks are. Mushy turrets suck. How do you know how they track, it's a new design and might not track for ****.
I have an EP5 and Sh4 g2. I am sure the EPL is the same, but with both scopes, the clicks are very audible and good feel. You will not have any problems feeling or hearing the clicks, if that is your concern.

I've had one on order since the first part of November (4-16x44). Sent in an email asking about when they would ship and was told to be patient................ another 2-3 weeks. Seems to be the standard answer

Right now the price of the SH4 is hard to beat and they are FFP. Also another cheap option; I was watching Mark and Sam after work shooting a 6.5Creed that was there budget build rifle. It was sporting an Sightron S-Tac 4x20x50. No zero stop but if they are using it for long range shooting then I think its a scope they have researched, and know it will preform. I never seen them have anything that wasn't something they thought wouldn't be acceptable or iffy. It doesn't have a zero stop but it has enough magnification and it has 80MOA internal adjustment with a 30mm tube. I'm pretty sure this is the correct model that they were using listed below. I think Camera land had them on sale last week so they may still be on sale. Arken has the SH4 on sale also. Even though they are a heavy weight I may pick up a 4X16x50. Currently 289.00. At that price I won't complain if I need to adjust the eye focus a little bit at different powers and its FFP with a zero stop. What's not to like at 289.00 bones.
I have one of the Sightron STAC 4-20X50 MOA-2 scopes.
Would be hard to compare it to one of the Arkens.
First off, the STAC is a second focal plane scope. Not the first focal plane of the Arken.
As you mentioned, no zero stop.
As far as glass & reticle.
The glass is ok to good. Definite step up from my older budget scopes, but not the quality of some of the higher end scopes.
The glass in my Crimson Trace Series 2 scope is better.
But i will say, it's able to actually see the mirage, which has helped me for 600-1,000 yard shooting.

The reticle has a small target dot in the center, which is nice for target work.
Otherwise the reticle is fine lined, but "clunky" compared to other MOA reticles out there.
I actually prefer the reticle on the $200 Burris Fullfield E1 4.5-14X42 Longrange.

The turrets are TALL!!! But work well.

Expect to use taller rings. Not for the 50mm objective, but the rather large magnification ring to clear the back of a one piece base.

Last edited:
My only complaint is the limited reticle adjustment…especially on the new 6-24, compared to the older version.

Attachments

• 4DE76B2C-09A2-4427-A7A3-6303BCB5CFE2.png
    4DE76B2C-09A2-4427-A7A3-6303BCB5CFE2.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 58
I really can't see how anyone would be disappointed with these at this (or double) the price. They punch a lotta buttons, good glass, turrets, features, reticle, warranty and price.
I'd be disappointed at double the price. But I'm happy at the current (or sales) price. It's a solid choice for budget glass.

Fyi for those discussing stac. This is a ffp mrad 4-20 with zero stop. You can set zero externally where ever you like. It also has an illuminated reticle.
53EF7146-84E0-4CFF-AF48-16A27924A220.jpeg