Are the Eld x bullets that bad

I've shot truckloads of deer and antelope using Nosler Ballistic Tips and Accubonds with much better/quicker kills at a wide variety of ranges. I haven't shot anything other than that deer using the 143 in the Creedmoor.
Were the other deer shot with the ballistic tips and accubond from this cartridge?
BTW ballistic tips are my choice for deer.

Don't wait to follow up. That's one of the largest pros to shooting a light recoiling cartridge, you stay on target through recoil, which enables quick follow up shots.

Ps eldm's are where it's at

Absolutely keep shooting…..additional shots are often needed when using the small stuff!!! 😂 memtb

Were the other deer shot with the ballistic tips and accubond from this cartridge?
BTW ballistic tips are my choice for deer.
No. That is the only big game animal that I shot with the Creedmoor. Other cartridges I have used with NBTs and ABs are 7x57, 280AI, 25-06 Rem, 308 Win and 300 Win Mag. At a variety of ranges from point blank out to over 400 yards.

I think that we see more concerns about 143ELDX performance specifically because of the surge of popularity of 6.5 Creedmoor. 65CM is an extremely accurate and easy to shoot cartridge. Hunters can make hits at longer ranges with this accurate and low recoil cartridge. However, 65CM is not the "hammer of thor" and bleeds off energy quickly. Be interesting to see how 143ELDX performs in 65 PRC with some more velocity.
You are exactly spot on. I am hunting with a 6.5 PRC for the first time tomorrow when gun season opens and hopefully I will have some info to share on how the 143gr ELD-X performs (if I am fortunate enough). My reloads are averaging 3,026fps with 143gr ELD-X which is plenty adequate for North Louisiana Whitetails. I don't have any shots past about 300 yards so if I take anything it should be at higher velocities. One thing I think a lot of us tend to forget is at least ELD-X bullets are available (for the most part). I have been on a waiting list for 257 Nosler Accubonds for my 25-06 for a year and a half and just got an email last week that some were finally available and I bought 5 boxes. I like what the gentleman said earlier about there being no "magic bullet". You study and know your application as best you can and select the best bullet option that will work best for your application. If you aren't shooting animals at 800+ yards, then don't fret over finding the "magic bullet" that can do everything from 50 yards to 1,000 yards. As I mentioned, my farthest shot is about 300 yards; however most are 150 yards and closer. The perfect set-up in my rifle might not work for someone trying to shoot elk clear across a canyon. All good conversations and I like the different angles to look at it; however I do think ELD-X's sometimes get bad press. Thanks

Don't rush out and buy any lottery tickets……you're guess'n ain't that good! 😂 memtb
Please share your experiences with eldx bullets and how your 2023 season is going.

You seem to talk much more about shooting and hunting than you actually DO.

Please share your experiences with eldx bullets and your 2023 season is going.

My only experience with the 143 ELDX bullets was a test using my granddaughter's CM. As ranges can potentially go from near point blank to as far as a responsible hunter can shoot…..the test was water jugs @ 30 yards. Only a few shards (less than 20 grains by weight) of bullet material made it to the 3rd jug!

While not as professionally done as many of you do, no ballistic gel used, nor were there any large bones in the jugs ……this is still an indication of the bullets performance at close range on an animal!

While the bullet may be a stellar performer once velocities have dropped-off, in my opinion…..it's close range performance is abysmal!

I don think that a hunter should be required to make a "reverse stalk" to assure the bullet has lost enough velocity to maintain it's integrity!

Our elk hunt…..no elk killed! Though I enjoyed the time afield with my wife! Many hunters can't say that they share hunting experiences with their wives! YMMV. memtb

Do water jugs have any correlation to performance in tissue? (Hint....no)

Apparently you majored in biology also! Animal tissue is approximately 70% water. (hint) While water jugs (as I mentioned) are not a perfect test medium…..it gives a view of reasonable expectations! memtb

Apparently you majored in biology also! Animal tissue is approximately 70% water. (hint) While water jugs (as I mentioned) are not a perfect test medium…..it gives a view of reasonable expectations! memtb

It doesn't actually, but I would never expect you to say something factual.

Par for the course with you....

I'm not sure. I've shot truckloads of deer and antelope using Nosler Ballistic Tips and Accubonds with much better/quicker kills at a wide variety of ranges. I haven't shot anything other than that deer using the 143 in the Creedmoor. I'm not trashing the ELD-X, just observing that it was the least spectacular kill I've ever made on a game animal.

The bullet did kill the deer. That is true. It passed completely through also. No blood trail. No catastrophic lung damage. If I hadn't been the one who made the shot, I would have called it a miss and told the shooter to fire again. Going from 26 cal. to 30 cal. is only 44 thousandths of an inch in diameter and it wouldn't make a hill of beans difference if the bullet didn't expand. Just unlucky terminal performance in my case I guess.
So what did the lungs look like? If the bullet penciled through and did not expand then this deer died awful quick. Sounds like you watched him
And he layed down and died. It couldnt have been too long or you would have put another shot in him. I'm not doubting what your saying but if the bullet penciled through he died quick which has not been what I have seen with impacts from say a mono that doesnt expand.