Anybody shopped here?

4) Check the sources of payment. If it is littered with choices such as "CashApp, Zelle, Venmo, or Paypal" and has no place to enter a credit card for the transaction, it is likely a scam. [Paypal is on the list since they will refuse to issue a refund for any gun related purchases.]

pw
you can run paypal as an actual credit card if its connected to your financial institution

you can run paypal as an actual credit card if its connected to your financial institution
Yes, you can. Herein lies the problem. **Paypal's** buyer protection will not extend to your purchase due to its acceptable use policy (AUP). It is possible your bank or financial institution may cover you when Paypal may not, but YMMV. Here is Paypal's AUP:

Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

"You roll your dice and you take your chances; sometimes it comes up craps."

I really wish the moderators would post a sticky note that is readily visible with the title of "Is This Site a Scam?"
I do not think it is their (@Len Backus ) responsibility to monitor activities outside LRH. The classified ads forums are for site members and sponsors to buy, sell, or trade items. Site members have been very good in warning each other of scam sites.

Last edited:
Yes, you can. Herein lies the problem. **Paypal's** buyer protection will not extend to your purchase due to its acceptable use policy (AUP). It is possible your bank or financial institution may cover you when Paypal may not, but YMMV. Here is Paypal's AUP:

Prohibited Activities

You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:

1. violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
  2. relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.

"You roll your dice and you take your chances; sometimes it comes up craps."
haven't had a problem yet and I've been using paypal for years so i guess I'm just lucky worthy have been asleep

I really wish the moderators would post a sticky note that is readily visible with the title of "Is This Site a Scam?"

Here are some pretty good indicators.

1) They have **everything** in stock that nobody else has in stock while country wide shortages remain, it is likely a scam.

2) If you find **significant** spelling errors all across the site, it is likely a scam.

3) If you go to the "Contact us" or "About us" section and find a street address, use your favorite mapping program to see where it lands. If it is a picture of a residential house or the local McDonalds, it is probably a scam.

4) Check the sources of payment. If it is littered with choices such as "CashApp, Zelle, Venmo, or Paypal" and has no place to enter a credit card for the transaction, it is likely a scam. [Paypal is on the list since they will refuse to issue a refund for any gun related purchases.]

5) Do a WHOIS search (https://www.whois.com/) for the domain in question. If the domain is recently registered, registered overseas or registered privately (no direct contact info), it is likely a scam.

I am sure there are more ways to check, but suffice it to say if they can't pass the above five tests, it is likely a scam.

pw
AND:
one your mother taught you
If it sounds too good to be true...