Anybody shopped here?

Will83

Is alphexfirearms.com reputable. The reason I ask is that they have a lot of normally oos items and seem to push bitcoin and other crypto currency. It just seems a little fishy, but they apparently have a storefront in Lawrence, KS. Please let me know if they are legit or not. Thank you in advance.

I am not sure if the website has been fixed or not, but they were still receiving bad reviews a couple of months ago. I would stay away.

Even big vendors have nowhere near the stock these folks "supposedly" have. Poor grammar and poor English throughout their website combined with things like this note when you try to buy something "NB; Please don't make the Zelle payment to our website email " [email protected]" or number " (785) 260-8523 " . Please kindly get in touch with us via our; live chat, Wickr Me, number, or email for our Zelle info. Payments made to our website email won't be validated nor confirm." Tell me these are MOST likely criminals. What the hell is NB? And their grammar in that important note even sucks. Zelle and bitcoin only for payment? I think not. If you haven't been to their store or have GOOD friends that have, I wouldn't trust them for 1 second.

That's what I figured. When it mentioned those things, I was fairly certain of a scam, so I thought I would ask to be sure. Thanks to all!

340WBY:

NB stands for "Nota Bene." Means "note well." Common expression in British writing, so this does not mean they're a scam site.

But lots of other indications point to this being a scam site. Stay away!

Is alphexfirearms.com reputable. The reason I ask is that they have a lot of normally oos items and seem to push bitcoin and other crypto currency. It just seems a little fishy, but they apparently have a storefront in Lawrence, KS. Please let me know if they are legit or not. Thank you in advance.
Here's the BBB report, you be the judge https://www.bbb.org/us/ks/lawrence/...phex-firearms-0714-300281060/customer-reviews. Also here is a previous LRH forum concerning them, https://www.longrangehunting.com/th...339/?msclkid=4ffcec58b80f11eca91041bbba0301ce.

On their "contact page" it states their address is:
3527 Morning Dove Cir, Lawrence, KS – 66049
Funny thing, Zillow shows it to be a townhouse, as does two other maps. All residential.
They also prefer bitcoin, never a good thing.

I really wish the moderators would post a sticky note that is readily visible with the title of "Is This Site a Scam?"

Here are some pretty good indicators.

1) They have **everything** in stock that nobody else has in stock while country wide shortages remain, it is likely a scam.

2) If you find **significant** spelling errors all across the site, it is likely a scam.

3) If you go to the "Contact us" or "About us" section and find a street address, use your favorite mapping program to see where it lands. If it is a picture of a residential house or the local McDonalds, it is probably a scam.

4) Check the sources of payment. If it is littered with choices such as "CashApp, Zelle, Venmo, or Paypal" and has no place to enter a credit card for the transaction, it is likely a scam. [Paypal is on the list since they will refuse to issue a refund for any gun related purchases.]

5) Do a WHOIS search (https://www.whois.com/) for the domain in question. If the domain is recently registered, registered overseas or registered privately (no direct contact info), it is likely a scam.

I am sure there are more ways to check, but suffice it to say if they can't pass the above five tests, it is likely a scam.

pw

Recent Posts