any ideas please

screech

Hey guys, just seeing if anyone has any ideas on something fun to build. Ive done the 243, 22-250, 223, 204, 6mmAI, 25-06, 257weatherby, 6.5x284, 7rem, 7stw, 300win, 300rum, 338win, 338edge, 338-408 cheytac. Oh and Im doing a shortened ppc necked to 17. Just seeing if theres something really knock out cool that ive missed out on and should play with. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hey guys, just seeing if anyone has any ideas on something fun to build. Ive done the 243, 22-250, 223, 204, 6mmAI, 25-06, 257weatherby, 6.5x284, 7rem, 7stw, 300win, 300rum, 338win, 338edge, 338-408 cheytac. Oh and Im doing a shortened ppc necked to 17. Just seeing if theres something really knock out cool that ive missed out on and should play with. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I believe you have it covered . But some fun rifles that you don't have listed are the 223 AI, 223
WSSM. 7 WSM, 7/08, A 416 for dangerous game and a 45-120 sharps for long range shooting
(600 yards +)If you have a hog problem the 450 bushmaster on an AR platform is a ball to
shoot and death on hogs.

Just a few more choices, But they are all fun.

J E CUSTOM

I'm thinking of trying a ultralight in 7br. for deer hunting in Pa. Shoots 140"s out to 300 **** near the same as 257 bob and 120's with half the powder.

well the new one was a 6.5 br with the shoulder blown forward .125 and a 35degree shoulder. Im getting 2725 with a 123smk.

For those of you that do not know "Screech" he is a very talented "Smith" who happens to be one of the very few people (5) who I would trust to build a rifle for me. I will not comment further on the "talented" description except that he has the blessing and was trained personally by one of the best builders and shooters on the planet. After discussion with my friend "Screech" was given the job to build a rifle for me using the components(Stiller action, Krieger tube, Jewell trigger, HS Stock, HS bottom metal, blank dies Kiff reamers) I supplied. Knowing that I am one of the most demanding perfectionists out there he undaunted took the task on.

As he was still in school but under the wing so to speak of the aforementioned (Screech did all of the actual work!) made a F#%$ing PERFECT 6.5 WSM for me including the dies!!!!!

"Screech" will be making another rifle for me later this year and that is about as much praise as I give anyone period. I speak with my checkbook and it only speaks to people who do impeccable work!

I would like to see what a super accurate rifle in 6 Long Dasher will do at 600 yd BR comp even 1000yds with heavy bullets.

Tight Neck Ackley improved 6X47 Lapua. Very near the case capacity of the 6XC but with a small primer, small flash hole and 40 deg shoulder. Ends up being about .1" longer body than the standard 6.5X47 Lapua case.

I've got the dies and formed cases, but still waiting on the rifle. Mine will only be on a ruger action and made for long range coyotes, but I think one in a real fine custom action with heavy barrel could maybe win records??

What do you think?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.