After the kill

I still skin most of the fall and winter dogs,and will do a basic tan when my neighbor does all the stuff he traps in the spring. Not worth much, but I feel better when I use some party of them.

Spring and summer ones I usually leave.

I had to dig for this one ! Lol
I can guarantee that there is Captain Morgan in that Solo Cup ! Ha ha
This picture is 20 plus years old !
Miss them days !

The whole hide and the tail hangs down in the back !

Rum Man

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181227-165751_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20181227-165751_Facebook.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 210
Buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms.

Haha! Sorry couldn't resist.

Right here. They run on the smallish side where I hunt and have poor fur quality due to the heat.

I do let the land owner know as well as a neighbor just to my south who has free range chickens. She offers me eggs quite often.

What does everyone do with their coyotes after the kill? Are you guys saving the fur or throwing them on a bait pile? Happy hunting.
When prime and in good condition I've sold many to taxidermist, they skin them, and quite a few to the buckskinner clubs. The other ones are dumped in a pile and relished by the bald eagles, red tailed hawks, turkey buzzards and crows, Most won't make it past 10 days around here before being picked clean. If the buzzards find them first they're skinned and picked clean by them, they can peel the hide off unbelievable quick finish out the innards and expose the muscle meat to the other raptors, if the eagles make it first no one will come around till they leave the eagles start at the neck and work downward, muscle meat only. The eagles can wolf down some meat and can really clean the neck and spine bones clean.

Recent Posts