• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

African Plains Game

I'd love to go, but I don't know if I can handle the plane ride across the big pond….😬

I'd love to go, but I don't know if I can handle the plane ride across the big pond….😬
Its not as bad as you would think. Lots of movies to watch, music to listen to and take a healthy dose of Nyquil when you get onboard. You can then sleep for five to seven hours and it cuts it in half. Its a ton of fun, every hunter should experience it at least once.

Its not as bad as you would think. Lots of movies to watch, music to listen to and take a healthy dose of Nyquil when you get onboard. You can then sleep for five to seven hours and it cuts it in half. Its a ton of fun, every hunter should experience it at least once.
I emailed them for a price list. My wife's dream is to shoot a Cape buffalo. See if we can work something out

Here is the price list for the rest of the animals. Have a great weekend. I went Buffalo hunting two years ago in the Limpopo Region. The grass was five feet high in and we couldn't see much. My two buddies got theirs but I did not. going back next year to seal the deal hopefully and to shoot a bunch of Warthogs.

Attachments

• Waterval_INT-2023.pdf
    674.7 KB · Views: 167
Here is the price list for the rest of the animals. Have a great weekend. I went Buffalo hunting two years ago in the Limpopo Region. The grass was five feet high in and we couldn't see much. My two buddies got theirs but I did not. going back next year to seal the deal hopefully and to shoot a bunch of Warthogs.
Very Good prices!!!!
When we went over there on our last trip 2006 the prices are close for 18 years later. Didn't have to pay for Baboons (they wanted you to kill as many as you could). The only animal we didn't get was a Warthog. Jill wanted to get one so bad, but there was a rainy season right before we got there and there was so many water holes that the Warthogs were spread out.
Good luck on your next trip!!!

Last edited:
Funny you should mention warthogs. next year we are going to SA and the only thing we are targeting is Warthogs. We love to pig hunt and we turned our guide on to it a couple of years ago. We told him all we wanted to do was drive around to high spots, find warthogs and then go after them. He thought we were a crazy bunch of Americans to fly all the way to SA just to shoot warthogs. That is until we handed him the rifle. He went crazy and now he loves it and understands why we do it! He is even considering using a Helicopter to cull warthogs now. that one hasn't come to fruition yet but were working on it. We take care of his warthog problem and we all have a great time.
South Africa is just a game rich environment and a beautiful place to be. Lots of shooting, lots of laughing and lots of great times with friends.

Funny you should mention warthogs. next year we are going to SA and the only thing we are targeting is Warthogs. We love to pig hunt and we turned our guide on to it a couple of years ago. We told him all we wanted to do was drive around to high spots, find warthogs and then go after them. He thought we were a crazy bunch of Americans to fly all the way to SA just to shoot warthogs. That is until we handed him the rifle. He went crazy and now he loves it and understands why we do it! He is even considering using a Helicopter to cull warthogs now. that one hasn't come to fruition yet but were working on it. We take care of his warthog problem and we all have a great time.
South Africa is just a game rich environment and a beautiful place to be. Lots of shooting, lots of laughing and lots of great times with friends.
For doing a HUNT you can go to SA and shoot 5-7 Animals for the price of a White Tail or elk Hunt in the USA.
We would see up to a thousand animals in a day. We loved the Spot & Stalk Hunting. You could walk around a set of Brush and there stands an Elephant, 50 Impala, Giraffe, Troop of Baboons or a 12' Black Mamba. Really exciting.
Jill liked it so much she wanted us to live there. Almost bought a 2,500 acre ranch next to our Guides property.