Adjustable base or device for shooting out to 3k

Gary Griswold

I am trying to qualify for the 3k shoot. I need to get a adjustable base or scope rings or other device to achieve shooting 3k. I know Ivey is out of business, I know of cold shot, and Variable Gantry Mount, what else is out there that is good. I am having a hard time finding thing. I have a vortex razor gen 2 In MRAD

IMG_3665.PNG
IMG_3666.PNG
Warner Tool Company - Adjustable Rail equipped with locks and cross pin for zero movement.
0-30-60-90-120 MOA adjustment also add another 20 moa to each because of the 20 moa rail mounted on top. Very nice quality.

Cheers

That link seems to be a serious phishing site.
Yeah it is I did not mean to put it in as a link. There is one thing I found that I like it attaches to the front of your scope and uses mirrors or something like that instead of canting your scope, I can't remember the name of it but it is around $1000 I don't like that part.

Hi,

That Warner mount is a throw back to the original Ivey adjustable mount.

The "mirror" unit is the Charlie TARAC. They are getting ready to release a user friendly adjustable unit.

Sincerely,
THEIS

Yes it's new and being released or retailed, an upgrade or improved version of their test base.

Osoh

You will have to check with Warner Tool Company, I think they are running around $850.00 +/- if I am not mistaken.

As far as the Charlie TARAC that was introduced last summer a few of us are wondering what the long term effect of the weight mounted to the end of the scope is going to do in time with recoil. If a person would mount the TARAC directly to a rail system in front of scope then it would not effect the scope life.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks . didnt see it on the website. VERY intersted in the way this product is made. Maybe what Im looking for

You will have to check with Warner Tool Company, I think they are running around $500.00 +/- if I am not mistaken.

As far as the Charlie TARAC that was introduced last summer a few of us are wondering what the long term effect of the weight mounted to the end of the scope is going to do in time with recoil. If a person would mount the TARAC directly to a rail system in front of scope then it would not effect the scope life.

Cheers

You will have to check with Warner Tool Company, I think they are running around $500.00 +/- if I am not mistaken.

Cheers
The TARAC dose have a rail mount option that might be the way to go. I just have to pony up and buy it. I think it would be a better route then the cold shot or rail system from Warner

I talked to Steve Ivey last week, they are still in business, I'm purchasing one of his bases at the end of this week and it will actually have about 60mils of adjustment. What caliber are you shooting exactly? Need to know velocity and bullet used to see how much additional adjustment you will need. If it's a bigger round say 338lm and up using 300gr Bergers then you would be fine with something like an era-tac as long as it's mounted to a 40-45moa rail anything less you will need an Ivey or Charlie tarac

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.