Absolute best hunting scope for pure contrast, resolution, sharpness...

Here's a very in depth comparison between the March FX and TT :

Based on your post in that review it looks like my next scope will be a March. Thank you.

For pure optical performance, it's Tangent Theta. Better than my ZComps, but not by much. Undoubtedly better than Kahles and head & shoulders above anything from Nightforce, Leupold, Vortex, etc.

One day. That's what I keep telling myself. The only problem is once you have the best, the pretty good will not be as satisfying anymore. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
That is exactly what I keep telling myself.
Maybe 10 years ago I went from a $150 Bushnell to a $400 Vortex. I thought that a scope couldnt possibly get much better.
Then I got a Tactical Elite and a Mark 5HD and got to a whole other level.

At what point does a guy say "Yep, that'll do Pig. That'll do."

Comes with ARD.
85825900-7FB6-4F37-A437-FB6485079C96.jpeg

I have been very pleased with my Meopta Meostar R2.
https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/produkt/meostar-r2-2-5-15x56-rd-pa-13390/
I just completely blew the doors off my Brother in laws Leupold vx5hd. We did a side by side dusk comparison.
Five of us were shocked at the extra 15 minutes of clear shooting time we would have had with the Meopta
over the Leupold. At 600 yards the Meopta still showed individual leaf definition 15 minutes after the Leupold went dark.

I had the Meopta MeoStar R2 2-12x50 SFP, but returned it as it performed very slightly worse than my Swaro Z3.

I had the Meopta MeoStar R2 2-12x50 SFP, but returned it as it performed very slightly worse than my Swaro Z3.
My boys and I thought mine was very comparable to our Swaro Z8i. Like they were equal except for about 1.5 minutes more of "can see"
right at dusk. Which was about 45 minutes past legal shooting time anyway.

OP ordered a Tangent Theta 315M. I've not spent much time behind the Meopta and no time behind the TT, but I believe he has stepped way beyond the R2. Alpha glass is just in a different league. It doesn't mean you will not harvest that whitetail at 600+ shooting a lesser scope, but he wanted the best regardless of cost.